HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #131
Eric Patton

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Class Nationals event planning

I was at the last one was a HOTT great time cant wait for this one!
Eric Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #132
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Family Racing View Post
Michael,
I'll be happy to take care of the Awards for the Best Appearing Stock and Super Stock (one for each eliminator). I spoke to Pat Kronenbitter from PK Race-n-Rods and he said he would provide the awards for the Best Engineered Stock as well as the best engineered Super Stock entries.
Jeff Ross
That's great, Jeff, thanks! And please pass along my thanks to Pat as well.

Quote:
On the location If National trail falls thru consider Edgewater I am sure Weinle is affordable and H20 is a nice place.
Something to consider... I know they've had a LODRS in the past. Haven't been there myself yet. Hopefully we can get our first pick for date & facility. The date is the best available on the schedule for the entire year (one that I've actually looked at for several years now). Historical weather data shows it to typically be a wet weekend for Edgewater or Bowling Green, so if we can't get NTR on that date, I'll have to do some additional research.

Quote:
Jake magee,Kenny Friedman,I am sure Dennis will bring atleast 3 of his cars, David Magee just a few said they would support that dont get on class racer
Awesome, thanks! Yah, I've discovered that there's a *lot* of people that read but don't post. I appreciate the words of support, both publicly and privately. Looking forward to making this a reality.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #133
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Michael,
Thank's for the effort it takes to put a race like that together. We will do our best to be there we,I think we can round up 2-6 stockers.
If has footbrake also I will run it too. May 2014 correct?
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #134
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Ladies and gentlemen, barring any unforeseen schedule changes in the local region, we have approval for National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH to host the Class Nationals on May 2-4, 2014!

Now things can get serious. Before I can put together marketing proposals, we'll need to firm up the overall format for the event. If the 2014 schedule follows suit with 2013, we're likely to have the Charlotte 4-Wide Nats two weeks before, and both the Div. 3 Indy and Div. 1 Open at Atco the week before our event. We would be followed by an open weekend (Mother's Day) and then Div. 3 Norwalk, Div. 1 Open Epping, and Topkea National. Looking at this from a financial aspect and time off work, do *you* want the extra time and expense of going to a 3-day format, with additional racing on Friday, or are we good with the 2-day format (SAT: Qualifying, Class, & $5K No-Box, SUN: $5K Stock, $5K Super Stock, $5K No-Box)?

Stream of consciousness thought that just hit me... if we can get some sponsors for it, what do you think about doing a Quick 16 CIC race for Stock and Super Stock each, qualified from just the final round performances of Class Eliminations winners? King of the Hill, with a little throwback to the traditional 'gotta win class to get in the big show!'

These details aren't set in stone... looking for feedback on what you the customer wants.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #135
Mark Lewis

Liked 186 Times in 39 Posts

2 day format looks good. That would give Friday to get there.

I would skip the Charlotte race to be able to attend this one.

I know everyone wants to race Natl events, but they aren't what they were at one time.

You're not old enough to remember those days,lol
Mark Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #136
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

This race sounds awesome!

Would you consider the idea of putting the 2008 and later cars in their own classes like IHRA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Stream of consciousness thought that just hit me... if we can get some sponsors for it, what do you think about doing a Quick 16 CIC race for Stock and Super Stock each, qualified from just the final round performances of Class Eliminations winners? King of the Hill, with a little throwback to the traditional 'gotta win class to get in the big show!'
Absolutely!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #137
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Quote:
Would you consider the idea of putting the 2008 and later cars in their own classes like IHRA?
Yes. Still in discussion with some people to see what makes the most sense, but I can see anywhere from using the IHRA class format for the new cars, up to making a simple "FX" addition to the class designation for all such cars, as there is an ever-growing number of engine combinations out there that spans back to many of the lower classes. There's already been some discussion about doing a Shootout to showcase these cars, perhaps similar to how they did it at the Dutch. Are the details of that format still floating around on the 'net somewhere? Need to study it.

While on the subject of classes, I have no problem with the 'old' fuel injected combinations and trucks being mixed in with regular Stock, as NHRA has done for several years now. Outside of the 'new' cars, I would expect to use NHRA classes whenever possible. I'll study up on Crate Motor Stock and Super Stock Production and see how they can be included fairly. Been a couple of years since I've looked at it, but if I recall, the typical top-tier NHRA cars outqualify them.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #138
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Andrew only 2008 and newer blower cars are in there own class in IHRA. Lower class cars fit regular FI classes.
I think it's a good idea have FI classes at the race, that way Greg and Andrew can have the fastest D and E cars at the race.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #139
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Andrew only 2008 and newer blower cars are in there own class in IHRA. Lower class cars fit regular FI classes.
I think it's a good idea have FI classes at the race, that way Greg and Andrew can have the fastest D and E cars at the race.
I wrote out a response to this, but I don't want to muddy up Michael's thread. Go start working on your next letter to get HP off your combo Charley.

Thanks for the response Michael, I like that idea, and I'm sure many others do, too. I think a CIC shootout and some type of Supercar Showdown after class that evening would be really cool. I agree with putting all trucks and FI cars into NHRA classes, and I bet no one would object to Crate Motor and SS Production cars if the indexes were equal (IHRA indexes for all, not the .3 quicker ones used in NHRA).

Last edited by Andrew Hill; 12-20-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Andrew Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #140
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Whenever they start making 2014 calendars, you can mark the date...