HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2016, 12:18 PM   #111
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
If it ain't broke don't fix it!!! Leave ''class racing'' alone.
That's the thing; it's always been "broke" and now the technology exists to fix it.

The "worse" infraction loses in all other dual-infraction scenarios. When infractions are equal, only then does the first violation lose.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #112
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,534 Times in 1,977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
That's the thing; it's always been "broke" and now the technology exists to fix it.

The "worse" infraction loses in all other dual-infraction scenarios. When infractions are equal, only then does the first violation lose.

In your classes S/ST and S/C the first red light is the worst red light. Congrats on the 51# in S/ST
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #113
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,701 Times in 1,300 Posts

Quote:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!!! Leave ''class racing'' alone.

If the bracket folks want, crosstalk, delay boxes, sand boxes, down tack boxes, gps, trustart, air shifters, and the rest, have fun.

If you want to class race get a rule book and build or buy something, you will be glad you did.
It's Valentines Day, Happy V Day to the Hill family,....If it ain't broke don't fix it !!! This is a very ironic quote from a racer with aftermarket alum heads and a racer with Penmanship skills only second to Mark Twain.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #114
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

I just read and try to understand the rule book. The hard part is getting in the windows that NHRA provides. I don't possess the skills of a Mark Twain, but always try to have a sense of humor. The heads I had nothing to do with, I just bought a set after the heads were available. Now back to the thread.

Trustart will be a good bracket aid, it has no place in NHRA Championship Racing. "You cant win Indy if you don't qualify" ; performance based racing you got to love it!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #115
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Hi Lary,

I was trying to figure out if you don't understand what TruStart is or you don't want to look at the benefits of it to HANDICAP START sportsman racing......

Of cause .90 classes have the first is the worst as far as red light starts the same as Pro Stock, Top Fuel & Funny Car because they all run HEADS UP....

For them the FIRST is always the WORST.....

I understand that with a transmission change you qualified #1 at the 50th & 60th US Nationals and I applaud your ability to read and interpret the Rule Book & Classification Guide......

But TrueStart is not a Rule Book or Classification issue, the issue is how we look at our fellow competitors and if we want to fair to them or do we want an unfair advantage for some.

As for the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", that is an illusion that racers use to gain an unfair advantage over their fellow competitors.

With that said I again congratulate you for your performances at the US Nationals..

Bob
Old 02-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #116
Mike Keener

Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts

I totally agree with both points you made in your post. In fact I just took severe heat in the roller lifter issue in stock thread and was practically blamed for all of the parts that became approved along the way for the 396/375- as if 401 head aluminum head, roller rockers, unlimited cam duration, any valve spring configuration, etc., were issues that I had something to do with- when I had absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

Like you I just use the parts allowed by the rules and have never given or been asked by anyone at NHRA for my opinion. They make the rules and he rest of us follow them. Now back to the thread.

True start may have a place in bracket racing but NHRA Stock and SS Eliminators is not the venue for it in my opinion.
Mike Keener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #117
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,493 Times in 1,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keener View Post
I
True start may have a place in bracket racing but NHRA Stock and SS Eliminators is not the venue for it in my opinion.
Quote:
Trustart will be a good bracket aid, it has no place in NHRA Championship Racing.

MK. Larry Hill,
Please explain your reasoning on this issue.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #118
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

It was the same drive line @ the 40th also. I believe I hold an advantage in the truck with clean tree and the sound it makes on the line is just short of annoying. The spot is big enough that lots of times the truck is the background for the tree when the lights come down for the faster car. Its a little hard to dial in the wind. If I red light first I have four chances to win, them crossing the center line or hitting the wall, them being lite at the scales when the racer drains to much water out of the cooling system A.K.A. "the D-6 trick", or failing fuel check. If all that fails to get me to the next round I lost. That how the game is played and I know the rules, I think.

I like to practice at the bracket tracks them boys always teach me hard lessons.

Last edited by Larry Hill; 02-14-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:19 PM   #119
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,701 Times in 1,300 Posts

But what about those D6 Diving Trunks ??

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 02-14-2016 at 05:25 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #120
goinbroke2

Liked 178 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
It was the same drive line @ the 40th also. I believe I hold an advantage in the truck with clean tree and the sound it makes on the line is just short of annoying. The spot is big enough that lots of times the truck is the background for the tree when the lights come down for the faster car. Its a little hard to dial in the wind. If I red light first I have four chances to win, them crossing the center line or hitting the wall, them being lite at the scales when the racer drains to much water out of the cooling system A.K.A. "the D-6 trick", or failing fuel check. If all that fails to get me to the next round I lost. That how the game is played and I know the rules, I think.

I like to practice at the bracket tracks them boys always teach me hard lessons.
Sorry Larry but the four chances you have to lose have nothing to do with a faster or slower car or if this is changed. Anybody can cross the line/hit the wall/be light/fail fuel. That's a straw man argument the same as comparing to a heads up class.

Either you have heads up racing or you have handicap racing. If you have handicap racing then the inherent differences in vehicles (one will travel faster/quicker than the other, one will have a bigger chance of spinning, etc, etc) is stuff that is inherent and can't be changed. Stuff that should be equal for all cars is they must pass fuel/must weigh correct/either hits the wall they are out/either crosses the line they are out/Worst breakout between the cars loses/worst red light between the cars loses.

Slow guys complaining that faster cars see the stripe better or fast guys saying slow guys get a clean tree are inherent in the fact that one car is leaving before the other, it is not changeable. But first red light or first break out, first to fail fuel (ooh, you pulled ahead of me and we both failed fuel but since you checked first I win????) these things are not right.

Bracket or whatever, this should of been changed years ago. (imho)
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote