Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #111
Spyphish

Liked 664 Times in 175 Posts
Default Re: Hemi Head Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Stephen, would you like the body templets for your shoot out.
Absolutely!!! My golfing buddies are all State Troopers and I am bringing them as well. I may need protection.. Screwhead Steve
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #112
David Barton
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
Two scoop, you missed your calling, Cabinet member of current Presidential administration. Head of Transportation or some other BS. Barton-ism to the 27th power. How did you sleep on the night of Sept. 4, 2009. Dave Rayborn from Ca. ELIMINATED, Randall Warford ELIMINATED, John Rains Ca. ELIMINATED, but since scoop width not in rules as per you??? (See X-techman post). You had to change hoods after those boys lost. I went back and checked NTM database(you don't have that), not only were you narrow, you were too tall all the way back to clear the back carb. You knew it, that's why you were the only guy there with TWO hoods. Then you had to change it and guess what, Sr. hands your stuff back "in a sock" with someones borrowed backup motor. BOG, HELLO! No back carb clearance. This is a generation deal. PLEASE read the Mr. Dwight Southerland's post on page 10. Memorize it. He doesn't know it yet but he is running for President and I am his manager. I will test you on it when you come to collect at BRose.
I didn't have to change the hood, I decided to. And I'm aware of the rule X Techman speaks of. The problem is, I can't get a straight answer as to how an original hood should look, in NHRA's eyes. What is so hard about giving a measurement and a tolerance? NHRA already has every measurement possible.

Stephen, check your NTM database and tell us whether or not CW had valve cover bolt holes missing along with the external mods to the cylinder heads. Can you measure his cam height too, from space, while you're at it?

BTW, I'm not a big fan of the new rule change, but we are trying to run a business and we have lots of cars to prep for 2013. We finally have some rules written in stone so its time to make some chips. I'm sure CW is doing the same thing.
David Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #113
wendell howes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess new heads for all.Who makes all the cash off this change.Good for some people
wendell howes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #114
David Barton
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Stephen, would you like the body templets for your shoot out.
I'd love to see them myself. The problem is I'm not so sure the cars that need checking will be there.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #115
David Barton
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell howes View Post
I guess new heads for all.Who makes all the cash off this change.Good for some people
Says the guy that spends his winters in Florida.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #116
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Although they would never admit it, there are probably many Hemi racers who wished they had never built SS/AH cars. With the way the class has "progressed", the majority of SS/AH cars are destined to never be competitive no matter how much money keeps being thrown at them. In the future look for those cars to become SS/GT pieces with a variety of Mopar engines installed...not that there would be anything wrong with that.

Hint...The newer Drag-pac hemi's put out lots of power and are still underfactored for SS/GT.

Last edited by Crew Chief; 03-03-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #117
wendell howes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I do not think they fit in gt without changing the front end and the glass.Then any ss or gt class depending on the motor.I am in Canada this winter lots of snow.Saving my money fot my new heads.. Wendell
wendell howes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #118
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Crew Chief: This has been done already with a few AH cars and they were never campaigned a whole lot after the conversion. I feel this is because the majority of the people that enter SS/AH are doing it for the heads up eliminator style racing. SS/AH is an Elite class. Look at the number of AH cars that race in the eliminator at Indy. The majority pack up on Friday night after class.

SS/AH IS a very competitive combination.You may not qualify 1.00 under based on a beat up index, but in the eliminator its a whole different ball game. Little Joe runner upped at last years 'Gators and continually does well with his AH team. He races in the eliminator and a little differently than the rest of the Hemi cars, but this is somewhat the same way I plan on campaigning my AH car.

Wendell: That was my point in the Thanksgiving Hemi Head Thread. If we could have legalized everyones heads and had a valve cover template, problem $olved. I had hoped to nip it in the bud before it came to this. Too late now

I also found it very ironic that David would be bad mouthing this rule. They should have been laughing all the way to the bank. The only thing this tells me is the Bartons have a real Love for Super Stock and put the integrity of the class before the wallet!

If the rule Jeff talks about comes to fruition in a few weeks, hopefully it will help the class and not hurt it anymore. Nothing like the off season to get your stuff ready.
The Hemi Head rule is not changing, the chips are flying and the season is underway. Time to stop bs'ing and get to work...
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #119
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDA Hemi View Post
The majority pack up on Friday night after class.
The majority were done after the first two rounds of class. How many more years will the "love" of heads up racing keep the numbers up in SS/AH? One time a year racing is no excuse to throw away money unless you have really deep pockets.
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #120
MLP

Liked 23 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
The majority were done after the first two rounds of class. How many more years will the "love" of heads up racing keep the numbers up in SS/AH? One time a year racing is no excuse to throw away money unless you have really deep pockets.
These guys have really deep pockets! Well, at least compared to me