Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #111
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Yet another bogu horsepower factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drooze View Post
Wow, I forgot I said that......I guess my initial impressions were correct for once.....funnny to read something you said, forgot and now came to fruition.
Should be 10.30s when you get your 60' problem fixed. Impressive.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #112
BlueOval Ralph
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In stock, now Super Stock may - 350?????????

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;188050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOval Ralph View Post
NHRA stocker legal by a VERY GOOD engine builder 617 hp.
About 200 HP shy of the blown Mustangs?????

Last edited by BlueOval Ralph; 05-18-2010 at 03:22 PM.
BlueOval Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #113
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
Forget all the nonsense Mustangs, Challengers, etc. If you want to be the bad boy in the country get a Cadillac. It may not go into the eights, but it will go further under than anyone else.

Now that some new cars can obliterate the rest of the field everyone is crying and bickering amongst themselves. I totally understand the situation as I have been in it more times than not for over twenty years.

The thing is anyone who wants to race Stock only has to look in the Classification Guide and pick the combo that they want. How fast do you want to go? How much money do you want to spend? Some combos are soft and some are not, but you do have a choice.

Some people want to run these new Fords with say unfair HP ratings. These individuals know that they are just scratching the surface of their true potential. Same goes with the Mopar clan. The bowtie people have had an advantage in the past, but it only has taken several years to realign them with the HP ratings. The sad thing is that these newer cars will eventually be corrected but the other sportsman racers will have left the sport due to frustration.

In the true form of competition we need all the new cars we can get. It will keep the sport alive. We need the older cars as they are a real representation of the sport and is the greatest car show as well. And believe it or not we really need the imports if we are going to draw in a new generation. It all still comes down to HP ratings whether new, old, domestic or foriegn.

The manufacturers know how to "play the new game" with HP ratings. Remember that well. The technical staffs and crews can see the descrepecies in HP ratings as well. The regular racer can see the differences. Everyone knows what is going on. Even the NHRA people in the Competition Department know the situation. We have representatives and comitties but it does not help. If you want to reach the individuals who are casting a blind eye to this and are the ones responsible for changes then look no further that the five members of the Competition Committee. They are the ones who are running this HP game.
Get ahold of them and you have the culprits. Good luck.

Now leave each other alone and go after this Committee.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA no further questions.

Exactly!

It is not my fault if I play by the rules and go faster than you. A lot of people like to make this some type of personal problem but the problem lays with the rule book. The cars are legal (at this point) for stock and that is that.

If all the people that made comments on this topic wrote letters to the NHRA stating that these cars belong in SS not Stock maybe they would listen and at least start thinking about doing something about the problem, we all know they aren't going to act quickly but at least it's a start.

I'm one of the people that can legitimately bitch about these cars because they made my unfinished Max Wedge Plymouth uncompetitive before the car is finished but rules are rules until they are changed.

JimR
Old 05-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #114
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Yet another bogu horsepower factor

The compitition committiee is like our Politicians......They dont listen and they dont care.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #115
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "drooze" Wertman View Post
Wow, I forgot I said that......I guess my initial impressions were correct for once.....funnny to read something you said, forgot and now came to fruition.
Yes, you said that. I thought 10.50 was being a little modest. lol
Old 05-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #116
DonatoEng

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Mr. Jeff,
Save that 5.7 Challenger for me. It sounds like it might be a good combination from what I see here.
DonatoEng is offline   Reply With Quote