HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: What would you do with the CJ and DP cars?
A more accurate HP rating 78 32.37%
Their own class 138 57.26%
Leave it like it is! 25 10.37%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #101
Dgal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do with the current CJ and DP car situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Don,

If you read all my posts since these cars were first announced you will see that my attitude towards them has changed quite a bit. I have a new Camaro and a Challenger. Before it is all over I will probably have a Mustang too. I think that these cars are great. I feel that if we had just the 6.1 Hemi and the 2008 spec. Mustangs things would have settled down in a reasonable amount of time. But, with new "package" motors being released on a regular basis I feel that an FX class is the right place to put these cars. It just isn't right to flood every class with them.

Daren
Let me get this straight (hard not to since it is in writing). You have a new Camaro and a Challenger. You are working on getting a Mustang. This is just not right to have that much fun! You surely must have a modicum of guilt. Right?

Don
Dgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #102
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwydendorf View Post
I figured that you don't have a reason to complain about the Drag paks or CJ's either way because if you havn't replaced the swing axle, you havn't done everything there is to make you competitive, and if you have replaced it then your car is no better than the Drag paks or CJ"s. Which is it?
no, we haven't. but there is a reason for that. The car is a real 427/435, not going to cut it up. we can grind the roll bar out but you have to hack up a fair amount of stuff to put a straight axle in one. Also the car has been a 1.34 60' and over 132mph at A/SA weight so I don't think the rear hinders the car at all, there is a lot of engineering in making the IRS function efficiently.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #103
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,218 Times in 313 Posts

Quote:
I figured that you don't have a reason to complain about the Drag paks or CJ's either way because if you havn't replaced the swing axle, you havn't done everything there is to make you competitive, and if you have replaced it then your car is no better than the Drag paks or CJ"s. Which is it?
Yes, because putting a live axle under the car will obviously make it 5 tenths faster.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #104
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Yes, because putting a live axle under the car will obviously make it 5 tenths faster.
oh come on Alan, its gotta be worth at least .7
Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #105
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Found your problem
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #106
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

How about we re-class every car in stock. Instead of creating a new class, everyone could move down one class but keep the same weights. A/S become B/S AA becomes A, and so forth.

Then at the top, the proposed A/FX class could just be AA. Then NHRA could correct or adjust the Natural class numbers such that all of the 6.1 Challengers and Blown Cobrajets have to run in AA and A(Even though the Cobrajets are much further form being classed correctly, NO challenger will run 9.40's). The 5.7 and 5.9 could be corrected/adjusted as well so that they would be classed for the the new B/SA(for the 5.7) and D/SA(for the 5.9) where they could run side by side with all the old muscle that we all love.

I do think that the blow cobrajets however may need to have a AA/SA-C for themselves because they will have to have to be near 4000lbs before you could get the factor correct, so I say put them in there own class.

This is my hypothesis / theory....
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #107
Al Loyrat

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think the DP cars and and CJ's without blowers should stay in stock. The blown CJ's belong in SS with a realistic HP rating. As of 9/28/10 AA/S and AA/SA index is now 10.60....
Al Loyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #108
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: What would you do with the current CJ and DP car situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Loyrat View Post
I think the DP cars and and CJ's without blowers should stay in stock. The blown CJ's belong in SS with a realistic HP rating. As of 9/28/10 AA/S and AA/SA index is now 10.60....
If NHRA lowered the AA index's it dosent help the older cars one bit. All it means is the blown Mustangs will have to step on it if they want more HP.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #109
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
This safety change is well know but he wanted to know how many Corvettes came from the factory with swing axles vs solid rears. At least the Corvette could run under its own power and thats more than can be said about the Dodge DP's that came with a trailer axle and I believe the transmission did not have any internal parts either. What a joke !
Wrong...If you are going to hate the cars, then at least know what you hate.

The original/delivered rear axle is a Mopar built axle (I sold mine for $450)... and this one lets us run a 4 link rear, and the tranny is all full of gears... I still have a beautiful shiny new Viper tranny I got in my car, sitting in my office. We are polishing the case to go into my retro 70 Challenger 6.1 coupe.

I am not trying to stir the pot as some may be, I am just trying to keep the facts right.

But for those of you who simply wish to ignore any facts.................. then .... well... uh..... sorry for bothering you....

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 10-01-2010 at 11:58 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #110
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
Post Re: What would you do with the current CJ and DP car situation?

Well you got yourself a rare one then, because the DP cars were sent out with a caravan rear axle and last time i checked i didn't think you could attach a driveshaft to them LOL! and as for the trans well lets just say your not going racing with it unless your racing against farm tractors.
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote