HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Attention SSSSA racers (Lakeland race)

I apologize for not having the time today to pay more attention to the race and know the results from each round. Please forgive me, but I had my best day of racing so far of my S/ST career by getting to the final and getting R/U to Scott Fifield. Congrats Scott on your great driving and well deserved win!!!

As announced at the race and posted on the flyers that Jeff Geiger handed out at the drivers meeting, my company (North Fla. Monument Co.) posted $25 for the drivers that had the best loosing package in the first round each day. Since we did not have a Super Gas field at this event, we also paid out $25 for the best loosing package for 2nd round in S/ST both days.

At Saturday's race Rob C. (Scott Fifield's friend in the beautiful lime green AMC---sorry I can't recall his last name) recieved the money for round 1 of S/ST. In the 2nd round Jim Robinson had the best loosing package of the round and recieved his $25. In Southern Stock/Super Stock, Tina Summerton had the best loosing package of first round and recieved $25.

In Sunday's race, a regular from Lakeland Motorsports Park (a guy in a Ford Ranger pick-up) had the best loosing package of first round of S/ST. I didn't get a chance to find out who he was and he had left the track by the time we got around to figuring this out. I will contact the track this week and find out who this gentleman is and get his prize money mailed to him. The money for best loosing package in 2nd round of S/ST for Sunday was won by Jeff Gieger. In the Southern Stock/Super Stock class we did not find out who the racer was with the best loosing package for first round, but Tina Summerton has the run sheet and will let me know who it is and I will send out the money to that driver as soon as I know. Again, I apologize for not taking care of this while we were at the track, but it was a busy and hectic day for us.

One other note. If S/ST racer Sam Pagano reads this board, or if any of you are in contact with him, please let him know that I have change due him from paying his membership into the super class racer's association and I will have that mailed to him this week.

Thank you to the fine people with the Southern Stock/Super Stock association for letting us race with you, and to Lakeland Motorsports Park for hosting us. A great time was had by everyone there.