HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
George Mirza

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default North American Nationals tid bits

With the forecast for rain and the D1 race at E-town the car count was way down. I'd say 30% less that what there usually is. The surprizing thing was the lack of IHRA regulars, a few that were missing, The Bertozzi's and Harrington are just a few that come to mind. We also see Mike Beard and some of the Ohio/Michigan area racers, but not this year. We had a stong contigent from Canada, with several racers making the 12 hour trip down from Nova Scotia. It's always a "hoot ay" to hang out with our buddies from the Atlantic time zone.

IHRA made a good move from a race promoters stand point by moving the sportsman 1st round to friday night after the pro qualifing session. But from a racers stand point it made for a very difficult first round. It showed by most of the racers being either badlight/redlight or double breakout races.

A few interesting circumstances occured before the first round, but this one stands out. Jim Boudreau and Greg Gay had a heads up C/SA race. Jim broke his iron head motor and asked if he could put in his aluminum head motor and add weight. IHRA officials asked Greg and he said OK, but after further discussion IHRA tech said no and Jim had to run the same combination he entered with. To add to this was the winner of this race could face another C/SA car in the second round heads up, which did happen and Greg won again on a hole shot over Don Moulton, who had him covered by about 2 tenths. Another first round pairing to note was the battle of the local hitters, Justin Picillo and Eric Cabral with Picillo taking the double breakout win. Needless to say the first round of stock was ugly!

Tim Boudreau (Jim's son) bought Brian Oaks beautiful B/SA '69 Camaro, just what we need another Boudreau to deal with! LOL Good luck with the new car!

Tom Boucher broke a motor (this is second had info) in his GT/BA car (the firebird) and re-entered with the Camaro (the white car).

I know several cars had "R" on the window, but with the schedule change they said no teardowns so I don't know if they could claim the records.

Thats all for now, watch DRC for the rest of the race results.

George Mirza

Last edited by George Mirza; 09-06-2008 at 08:20 PM.
George Mirza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: North American Nations tid bits

Quote:
We also see Mike Beard and some of the Ohio/Michigan area racers, but not this year.
"Former Ohio"... I moved to North Carolina a couple years ago. I still like to make the trip each year, as my brother lives in Vermont, and we have some friends of the family in the area. I had planned to be there again this year, but I've had some rare oddball runs out of the Volare lately, so I sent the converter in for a freshen, but haven't gotten it back yet.

Best of luck to all, both on track, and with the weather!