HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Derek Clark 174

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Special thanks to Doug Doll Jr.,Sr.and S&W Race Cars

I want to thank them both for getting one of the most competative S/C cars in Division 1 out of the trailer and letting me drive it this past weekend at Maple Grove..After breaking an axle in my S/G car on Thursday's test n tune, Doug Jr. made phone calls and then drove me all over PA country side looking for parts..With no luck on the parts, My weekend was done....I THOUGHT.
The next morning , Sr. offered me there Lightning built S/C car that Doug Jr. has won many races with..I would be stupid to say no.. They unloaded the car without blinking an eye...Gave me the basic set up and let us go...This weekend I found out that if you give an average driver a great car, positive things can happen..The car was great.....We made it to the Semi's and had a blast getting there..
It's people like that is why we love Division 1 racing...Special thanks to you both, thanks to my crew and thanks to all the people that supported us this past weekend, looking for parts and offering to assist in any way to get us up and going..

I also want to thanks S&W Race Cars for working with me and getting parts sent to the track over the weekend to get my S/G car back together...Scott Weney hand delivered the brake parts to the track Friday AM and Brian at S/W made all the phone calls on Friday to have the new axles sent overnight to the track..They fit perfect and we went 4 rounds in the S/G car...Thanks Scott and Brian...

See ya all at ATCO in a couple weeks...

Derek Clark

Last edited by Derek Clark 174; 05-27-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Derek Clark 174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Special thanks to Doug Doll Jr.,Sr.and S&W Race Cars

Hay Man................. You Took An Ugly Weekend And Really Turned It Around...........hats Off To You & Your Family & "your Boys"....and The Utmost Respect Of True Sportsmanship To Doug Sr. & Jr. & To S & W Race Cars........................you Don't See Many People Offer Up The Time , Dedication And Oh Yeah..........the Car......

Great Job ..!

Wayne & Judy
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
sg174crewm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would also like to thank Doug Sr. & Jr. for letting us have a blast with their SC car, along with all the great sportsman racers and crew that offered up any parts and help to get the SG car back together to go a couple rounds. I talked to some people today and explained the weekend we had from start to end and they couldn't believe that so many competitors would offer up either parts or hands on help to get Derek on the track. I explained to them the pits are like a fraternity, you have great food, parties, competitions and hanging out, but in times of need everyone tries to help everyone. Working on the car and seeing it go down the track was great, but like someone said to me Sunday before we left for home," it's the friendships that make this sport so great ". See everyone at Atco.

Thanks,
Mike SG 12 Crew
sg174crewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Doug Sr and Doug Jr are a class act!!
But so are you Derek!! You drove that car like you've been in it for years!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Derek,

Do us a favor....dont break your car again we do not need more competition in S/C. You were doing AWSOME!

PLEASE stay in SG.....wait.....i run that too.....ummmm.....try super street! PLEASE!
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 185 Times in 81 Posts

Well, let me tell ya........ it all falls back on the old saying, "What goes around, comes around"........ with all that Derek was going through at the Grove with his stuff, he found the time to come over to my trailer in the dark hours on Saturday night and help me diagnose and attempt to repair a problem on my S/G car........ so Derek, you deserve all good things that happen to you as far as I'm concerned....... not to mention you can drive whatever you sit in from what I saw that weekend........ so thanks Derek......... you're a class act.......

SPECIAL THANKS to Lynn and Tom Hoosigian and the Schonberger family who had parts in stock to give me a safe ride on Sunday........
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its All About The People.....................thats What Keeps Us Coming Back.........................not The Million Dollar Pay-outs....!
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote