HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-24-2024, 04:35 PM   #1
sshan25

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lawrence & Preston '69 Yenko Camaro SS/EA

I'm a big fan of1960s drag racing, especially the Super Stock cars, bur I'm not old enough to have attended any tracks until the mid-'70s (I'm 67). I never got to actually see any of those famous cars in action, although I've seen some recreations at nostalgia events. I've come across a car, I don't remember at all seeing or reading about in any of the various drag magazines I bought back in the day- the Lawrence & Preston '69 Yenko Camaro that supposedly ran in the NHRA's SS/EA class. It is one of three Yenko '69s that were sold specifically for racing and the only one known to still exist today. It was sold last year at the winter Barrett-Jackson auction. I read that the car was restored back to stock to appear as it did when it left the dealership in '69. I can't find much info about or any pictures of it from when it originally competed. Does anyone know about the history of the car, have any old pictures of it or know where I might find some?

Last edited by sshan25; 10-24-2024 at 04:41 PM.
sshan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2024, 12:58 PM   #2
Terry Witzel

Liked 50 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Lawrence & Preston '69 Yenko Camaro SS/EA

Here?s a few pics I found from back in the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0731.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	71557  
Terry Witzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #3
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,364 Times in 861 Posts
Default Re: Lawrence & Preston '69 Yenko Camaro SS/EA

I was a regular attendee at Dover Dragstrip in Wingdale NY. in the seventies and some of the coolest and best Comp., Modified Production, Super Stock and Stock NED racers were in attendance. I'll never forget the competition on any given Sunday. It was too cool.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote