Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Today, 03:31 PM   #61
JP1738

Liked 480 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: Dutch Classic Tentative shedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hoven View Post
While it would be nice for that to be true, I foresee class eliminations at this race becoming -.99 under eliminator if AHFS is in play. To some people, "protecting" their combo is an "at all costs" practice. Not to sound like a cloud of negativity, but, if or when NHRA decides to "do away" with our class in the probably not so distant future, I wonder how many will say "I may have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars to make my car fast, but at least I didn't get that extra 10hp on my combo."
You truly believe the most widely supported class in NHRA is on the verge of getting sh!t-canned in the next decade? My money would be on SST if they were lopping off a class that doesn't get support. Why would they go after the only class that makes them money at divisionals and national opens?
#2827 N/SA 1980 Malibu SW 2S 305/180
#2827 S/ST 1978 Mazda RX7 w/ 383 sbc/glide
JP1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #62
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,207 Times in 1,612 Posts

Ya know, seeing as "someone" (either the track owners or the Div. office) decided that the Dutch should be a 5 day race anyway (ya can't give up that T&T on Wednesday), why can't the powers-that-be (track, Div.1, I don't care) run the Divisional on Thursday and Friday and go right into the Open on Saturday (or visa-versa) with one Q run/time trial for newcomers only?
Now, I don't know what the "politics" are from track-to-track nor do I know how the $$$s are made and divvied up but a Div. with a $225 entry and an Open at $180 with the potential for 400 ++ cars can't be too hard to swallow!

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.

Last edited by Billy Nees; Today at 03:49 PM.
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:59 PM   #63
Doug Hoven

Liked 787 Times in 153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1738 View Post
You truly believe the most widely supported class in NHRA is on the verge of getting sh!t-canned in the next decade? My money would be on SST if they were lopping off a class that doesn't get support. Why would they go after the only class that makes them money at divisionals and national opens?
It's a tough call. It may be the most widely supported class as far as number of participants is concerned, but the NHRA seems to care less and less as time goes on. At the national event level, why limit sportsman entries if all they do is put extra money in NHRA's pockets? Tech has pretty much become non-existent for most races except for Indy. Entry fees have gone up with little increase in the purse. I don't think we will ever be "sh!t-canned." That didn't go so well with Pro-stock truck. I think what may eventually happen, is they are hoping that we will just sort of "go-away" if they slowly stop supporting our class. Not to mention the elephant in the room being the fact that probably at least 50% of the participants are going to be "aged out" of racing sooner than we would like to admit.
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #64
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 549 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1738 View Post
Over the next 10 years, lots will change in drag racing. stock and super stock participation will be hit hard. Many current racers in those 2 classes will be dead or retired from racing for various reasons. Further more tracks will close and I believe Maple Grove will be one of them and it will be even more difficult than it is now for the NHRA to find a keep a Pro Championship title sponsor especially with John Force, Jim Dunn and other long time big name racers/teams gone. That said, I don’t see super street going away anytime soon as it attracts bracket racers, same as super comp.

Last edited by 1320racer; Today at 04:14 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:23 PM   #65
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,870 Times in 457 Posts

"Dutch Classic" Time runs Thursday, one more time run Friday morning and class eliminations with no ahfs. Divisional starts on Saturday with one qualifying session Saturday morning and then go into eliminations. Finish Sunday if you have to.
Old Today, 05:47 PM   #66
Bill Marshall

Liked 48 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
"Dutch Classic" Time runs Thursday, one more time run Friday morning and class eliminations with no ahfs. Divisional starts on Saturday with one qualifying session Saturday morning and then go into eliminations. Finish Sunday if you have to.
Hey Bobby is this for sure i don't see it posted anywhere. I sure hope it is
Bill Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old Today, 06:35 PM   #67
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,870 Times in 457 Posts

No it is just my suggestion. What does everyone else think?
Old Today, 06:52 PM   #68
gman777

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
No it is just my suggestion. What does everyone else think?
I would like one hit Friday morning then go into class since I don't think you can be put into class showing up Thursday night. Or at least a clean up Friday after class for anyone who hasn't had a hit yet.
gman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:59 PM   #69
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 889 Times in 281 Posts

How is it at Numidia we ran three separate races in 5 days and we can only have one race in 5 days at Maplegrove ? Nhra do you have an answer ?
Old Today, 08:23 PM   #70
tstickff

Liked 469 Times in 112 Posts

Does it really matter if it?s a divisional or national open? Other than class (which they said they are having) it?s a grade point and divisional points compared to a national open which is grade point only, the opens mean NOTHING other than a grade point, I myself prefer a divisional. And you don?t need 4 time shots in one weekend. Do like what rockingham does, national open on Sunday and done deal. You guys are forgetting they still have to finish the Epping race which has logistics attached to it and people are fighting for national/divisional positions.