HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2024, 09:19 PM   #11
Woodfin

Liked 103 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Suspesion setup with radial slicks "help"

In my experience, and as Ed said, because of the front weight, OE-type springs would be better. Landrum has a wide selection of drag-front sprigs to fit the factory location. The front needs as much travel as possible, and the static front height should be slightly lower than stock. One no-cost mod is to relocate the front upper ball joints to a new location, on the bottom of the control arm, not the top. Doing this will at 1/2" + to the front travel. Also, the front system should be free and move smoothly.
Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 09:29 PM   #12
M120

Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts

I agree that more travel will help you.

My Chevelle has 6+" of travel with stock suspension in the front. Stock type coils and shocks.

Get as much travel and control it with a quality shock.

Tubular A arms look cool but not needed in my opinion. They actually sometimes weigh more!

For the rear, pick your poison. It depends on SLR, slicks,...

I actually had good luck with traction action bars til they bent all the factory mounts.

Have fun and good luck
Old 09-21-2024, 06:59 AM   #13
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 549 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodfin View Post
In my experience, and as Ed said, because of the front weight, OE-type springs would be better. Landrum has a wide selection of drag-front sprigs to fit the factory location. The front needs as much travel as possible, and the static front height should be slightly lower than stock. One no-cost mod is to relocate the front upper ball joints to a new location, on the bottom of the control arm, not the top. Doing this will at 1/2" + to the front travel. Also, the front system should be free and move smoothly.
Woodfin...KNOWS!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 11:35 AM   #14
DG

Liked 349 Times in 86 Posts

Tire pressure gauges go bad. Check your gauge against others to verify its accuracy. Not saying thats your problem, but its an easy fix if it is your problem. I recently found out mine was 6 lbs off causing lots of traction problems since the beginning of the year.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 01:11 PM   #15
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 549 Times in 265 Posts

If you find a tire gauge that matches yours, it’s luck! Tire gauge readings vary greatly especially that most are Chinese junk! There is no wrong gauge, all that matters is what your gauge reads. Never borrow someone’s gauge to set your pressure.

Last edited by 1320racer; 09-21-2024 at 05:29 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 09:54 AM   #16
cad

Liked 78 Times in 44 Posts

The launch in the video above looks pretty darn good. Not sure where you get the 165% antisquat number... If you are watching "Kevins youtube videos on antisquat", they are only good for one thing...entertainment. I watched your video multiple times in slomo and it isnt hitting the tire extremely hard. Alot of variability comes in track temp/track prep, as well as the age of your tires. Replace the front springs as mentioned and put a good dbl adj front shock on it. IMO, you'll find as much hook controlling the front as messing with a stock 4 bar rear setup. Some people will say pinion angle doesnt matter..... however, very few have stated what they have. .

Last edited by cad; 09-24-2024 at 09:56 AM.
cad is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked