Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-21-2024, 12:35 PM   #41
Dave Ficacci

Liked 96 Times in 21 Posts
Default Re: Dutch Classic Tentative shedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Juliano View Post
I agree Rob, do away with the two "Opens" and make the Numidia event a "Double Divisional" and turn the Dutch into a Divisional.
Couldn?t disagree with the two of you more. Stk/SS racers that still care about the performance aspect of these classes very much look forward to the Opens. I will also add that the more D1 continues to jack around with the schedules to suit their own needs, not their customers, the less enticing these Opens are to run.
Dave Ficacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 03:47 PM   #42
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,683 Times in 398 Posts

Maple grove divisional should have an open race
Did it like 20 years ago stock was full qualified field
Like a Sports National schedule would work
Old 09-21-2024, 04:30 PM   #43
Doug Hoven

Liked 816 Times in 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Maple grove divisional should have an open race
Did it like 20 years ago stock was full qualified field
Like a Sports National schedule would work
I think that each division should have a Sportsnational. Jegs Speedweek at Columbus is one of my favorite events all year. Class eliminations that are run to completion, and it?s a double header with both races earning a grade point. They almost always get a full field in stock. And well over 100 cars in Super stock.
Old 09-22-2024, 10:00 AM   #44
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,187 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ficacci View Post
Couldn?t disagree with the two of you more. Stk/SS racers that still care about the performance aspect of these classes very much look forward to the Opens. I will also add that the more D1 continues to jack around with the schedules to suit their own needs, not their customers, the less enticing these Opens are to run.
Dave, I'm not saying to totally get rid of all the opens but make them more feasible for the working men & women and worth the tow, we only have 6 D1 races now and if you want to chase the National Event tour you basically need 8 to 7 grade points to get in unless it's a light filled event like Epping but we know Gainesville, Norwalk you need 8. Make it that it's an Open and D1 race like Numidia was but the open first, then D1 race. I get it these tracks don't want them, nor make any money on them, and some of them have tried like Leb Valley & Epping and it failed horribly, I think the Dutch had 242 cars last year and mostly Stock / SS, the Dutch used to be a 400+ car event.

I RUP at the last Atco Open race in SG in 2023 and got $400 for 5 rounds. We used to have a great points series that was a part of the open series that paid to go and chase those points if you wanted too, now Glen and team have done a great job getting that going in Canada but, you do have to travel a lot if you want to chase. I get it opens are the way for stock, super stock, comp racers to basically let it all hang out and show your muscle but, the Dutch used to be a 4-day event with class on Friday, then is slowly made its way to a 3-day event and now it's almost a 2 day race with a rain day but now we added 8.50, 10.00 & 11.50 index classes to the mix because racers aren't supporting the event. We all know when the sun goes down at MG around that time of the year it gets pretty sketchy and now it's almost November for this event, I would hate to see someone wad up a car going into the winter break, you can put a barrel of glue down but without heat in the track it makes it quite dangerous for the throttle stop cars and even high HP Stockers & SS. I can say Mark is a great person and very knowledgeable from his time as MG GM and out West, so hopefully he can apply that all for next season and come up with something that is good for all.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-25-2024, 10:35 AM   #45
Kevin Panzino

Liked 619 Times in 120 Posts

Any word on how late we can pull in on Wednesday eve/ when the gates will close?
Kevin Panzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 12:06 PM   #46
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,473 Times in 427 Posts
Smile Re: Dutch Classic Tentative shedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Panzino View Post
Any word on how late we can pull in on Wednesday eve/ when the gates will close?
Kevin, the flyer is up on the Maple Grove website. Parking concludes 6PM sharp, Stacking starts at 6PM until 7AM Thursday.
Old 09-25-2024, 12:12 PM   #47
JP1738

Liked 499 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Dave, I'm not saying to totally get rid of all the opens but make them more feasible for the working men & women and worth the tow, we only have 6 D1 races now and if you want to chase the National Event tour you basically need 8 to 7 grade points to get in unless it's a light filled event like Epping but we know Gainesville, Norwalk you need 8. Make it that it's an Open and D1 race like Numidia was but the open first, then D1 race. I get it these tracks don't want them, nor make any money on them, and some of them have tried like Leb Valley & Epping and it failed horribly, I think the Dutch had 242 cars last year and mostly Stock / SS, the Dutch used to be a 400+ car event.

I RUP at the last Atco Open race in SG in 2023 and got $400 for 5 rounds. We used to have a great points series that was a part of the open series that paid to go and chase those points if you wanted too, now Glen and team have done a great job getting that going in Canada but, you do have to travel a lot if you want to chase. I get it opens are the way for stock, super stock, comp racers to basically let it all hang out and show your muscle but, the Dutch used to be a 4-day event with class on Friday, then is slowly made its way to a 3-day event and now it's almost a 2 day race with a rain day but now we added 8.50, 10.00 & 11.50 index classes to the mix because racers aren't supporting the event. We all know when the sun goes down at MG around that time of the year it gets pretty sketchy and now it's almost November for this event, I would hate to see someone wad up a car going into the winter break, you can put a barrel of glue down but without heat in the track it makes it quite dangerous for the throttle stop cars and even high HP Stockers & SS. I can say Mark is a great person and very knowledgeable from his time as MG GM and out West, so hopefully he can apply that all for next season and come up with something that is good for all.
What the hell makes D1 so special that you guys deserve extra divisionals to make it easier to run for national points? D2 gets 6 races too but nobodies complaining down here. I like the fact that I have to hit some outs to run for national points. Makes me go places I otherwise wouldn't, race against people I otherwise wouldn't, and makes you earn the top 10 finish, or God forbid a world championship.

Yes D2 has a national open series, but they aren't exactly in most D2 racers backyard either. Florida guys are driving 8+ hours to run at dinky 1/8th mile tracks for that coveted extra grade point you're talking about.
#2827 N/SA 1980 Malibu SW 2S 305/180
#2827 S/ST 1978 Mazda RX7 w/ 383 sbc/glide
JP1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2024, 12:13 PM   #48
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,473 Times in 427 Posts
Angry Re: Dutch Classic Tentative shedule

The flyer for the Dutch Classic is now up on the Maple Grove website; and, unless I am reading it wrong, Class Eliminations are not mentioned. If that is true, it is very disappointing.
Old 09-25-2024, 12:16 PM   #49
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 903 Times in 285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfan1 View Post
The flyer for the Dutch Classic is now up on the Maple Grove website; and, unless I am reading it wrong, Class Eliminations are not mentioned. If that is true, it is very disappointing.
A number of things on that schedule need to be redone. Class on Friday ? Index cars get a time shot on Saturday ? Whose out first on Saturday ?
Old 09-25-2024, 02:18 PM   #50
BillyAnderson

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Well the Dutch just become the VMP Final Regional. Not sure if they will do a double header, open race and Divisional/Regional?

https://www.nhra.com/news/2024/virgi...-grove-raceway
BillyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote