HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-18-2024, 06:46 PM   #1
Cglrcng

Liked 161 Times in 88 Posts
Default Not a complaint, just an observation seeking discussion

I just read the new NHRA rule change for women only in our sport. And it appears to me that the old adage gentleman "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" and "Ladies just get things done!"

Like I said above at 67 yrs. of age, married to my lovely bride for more than the last 36 years (we have had our children who are well into adulthood by now, and are grandparents to 4 so far), so I am not complaining and think the decision is a positive for our sport.

But, in reading the new rules (and having noticed the age of the average pro & class racers competing recently), I wondered just how many men over the recent couple of decades had to put a points chase season on hold for verifyable medical reasons?...I know a few that have for sure.

And it just made me wonder why the rule change(s) was exclusive (to women of child bearing age, and only pregnancy related), instead of just across the board inclusive to all racers and due to verifiable medical reasons?

Just a thought...health and accidents can affect all racers.

I do think Motherhood deserves special treatment though Ladies of NHRA, and as an aged father of 3 boys and for a grandfather now 2 boys and 2 girls going all the way back to my first born in 1975 (trust me, parenthood is the greatest thing in my opinion ever created). I hold zero ill will Ladies toward the rule changes.
Old 09-18-2024, 06:56 PM   #2
Cglrcng

Liked 161 Times in 88 Posts
Default Re: Not a complaint, just an observation seeking discussion

What struck me most about the new rules adopted was quite simple as Leah and Tony Stewart now get treated differently than say John Force and his replacement driver.

And it can apply to many others in all classes and categories both Pro and Sportsman.
Old 09-19-2024, 01:50 AM   #3
BZenzen

Liked 314 Times in 52 Posts

I agree, NHRA could have labeled it as "Health, Disability or Life Events". In the case of Force and Beckman where a driver is injured, or a Mike Salinas where he has to step away due to health issues during the season.
BZenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 11:58 AM   #4
1legjerry

Liked 67 Times in 12 Posts

Drag Racing is a sport and it requires you to be physically able to drive the car. If you can't so be it don't care who it is or the cause.
1legjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 02:42 PM   #5
kansas stocker

Liked 247 Times in 46 Posts

The difference between ignorance and indifference?
I don't know and I don't care.
Applies directly to me here.
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 09:07 AM   #6
Another Friendly Racer

Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts

This whole "replacement driver" stuff is a joke.

Force hasn't competed SINCE JUNE, yet he's 3rd in points currently and a good race or two away (a good race or two that he won't be competing in) from somehow being crowned champ over guys who are ACTUALLY RACING.

Replacement driver rules getting expanded upon to accommodate pregnancies...

On a side note, how is it ok for a pregnant woman to compete in top fuel?

I have to assume this stuff is only for the pros and won't trickle down into the sportsman ranks.

Last edited by Another Friendly Racer; 09-20-2024 at 09:10 AM.
Another Friendly Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 10:21 AM   #7
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 118 Times in 50 Posts

IMO ,which isn't worth anything......if I can't work..... I don't get paid...

points go to driver... if you can't drive.. you can't race... no points.. men and women both..
no countdown.. you run off with championship,then you deserve it...everyone else can race for second...
REALLY..... this is pointless post and comment... since NONE of this applies to stock and super stock or any other sportsman catergory...
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 09-20-2024, 10:31 AM   #8
bigshow2966

Liked 88 Times in 37 Posts
Talking Re: Not a complaint, just an observation seeking discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Friendly Racer View Post
This whole "replacement driver" stuff is a joke.

Force hasn't competed SINCE JUNE, yet he's 3rd in points currently and a good race or two away (a good race or two that he won't be competing in) from somehow being crowned champ over guys who are ACTUALLY RACING.
The sad reality is the way team orders work with Force Racing he could get the Championship just to go out as champ............
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 11:18 AM   #9
Eman

Liked 116 Times in 67 Posts

Awards for everyone, especially the ones that have or bring in more money.
The whole championships in sports has all been watered down so far it's meaningless except for the money generated. Between wildcards, provisionals, resets and now substitutions it's all become a joke. We have big money bracket races and even local tracks where drivers can swap cars mid race.
As for the pregnancy deal that's pretty, I'll just say surprising. I can't get pregnant but I'm pretty sure of what causes it and for most it's planned.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote