HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Today, 04:10 PM   #61
onefarmer

Liked 115 Times in 28 Posts
Default Re: Fine them and then make it legal. Wowwser

Had a larger than normal 32 teeth rear sprocket. When I saw all the other copo cars have a totally enclosed rear belt guard this year we figured something was fishy. And it was on way more cars than got caught, and from two different engine suppliers. I have to remind myself more than once that when I'm complaining about anything at the track I am complaining about privilege problems. What ALL those guys did is not what we would expect fellow sportsman to do in our eyes, but this does not make them evil people. Yeah I would liked to have seen much harsher out come but that's for more of my own selfishness reasons. I'm I gonna walk over and do the normal small talk as before with these guys? I hope I can keep taking the high road "which apparently is the one less traveled" but time will tell. The black eye on the ones who got caught and the ones who did not is by far worse than the $2500 and 100 points. Judgement by our peers is not nearly as important than judgement from the man above. We all can always strive to better at everything we do in life. Hopefully these classes can move on from this, as I think the FX cars are the coolest thing going, but that's just my 2cents. There will only be 4 us racing at Maple grove this weekend so if your there please stop by the pits and check them out. We will be parked bottom of the hill from the staging lanes on the left.
onefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #62
L.Fite

Liked 388 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gray View Post
I'm more confused, did they make larger pulleys or just claim the wrong engine?
Both are wrong and is not a gray area but cheating. One can be "oops used wrong note" the other is blatant in your face cheating to win and deserves a much harsher penalty.

NHRA Technical Specifications
For
2019 Chevrolet Motors

Issued: 1/26/19 PC
Revised: 2/14/19 PC 1/1/20 PC, 2/12/2020, 1/1/21, 2/12/2020, 1/5/2021, 4/23/21, 6/29/2021, 12/3/21, 12/16/21, 9/18/22, 1/1/2023

HP Disp C.R. Ind. Make Model/Transmission Manifold R.R. Lifter Head Notes

600 350 12.50 Supercharged Magnuson 60-02-00-015 1.80 H/R 66.0 2,3,6,7,A

630 350 12.50 Supercharged Magnuson 60-02-00-015 1.90 S/R 66.0 2,4,6,7,A

Notes

3 = Supercharged Magnuson pn# 50-00-26-002 3.350 inch pulley, lower pulley 8.00, jackshaft pulley 32 teeth, rotor pulley 34 teeth

4 = Supercharged Magnuson pn# 50-00-26-002 3.350 inch pulley, lower pulley 8.00, jackshaft pulley 34 teeth, rotor pulley 32 teeth
Not knowing anything about those combos...
I'm a little confused now...
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:37 PM   #63
63corvette

Liked 303 Times in 92 Posts

I have watched this thread and I am amazed at several of the opinions expressed.
In my opinion which is just that an opinion, anyone who cheats knowingly just for advantage trying to win fame and fortune has a basic character flaw.
I also can not believe NHRA did not come down much harder on those caught as discussed in this thread.
That says a great deal about NHRA management?s character also.
I currently believe there is cheating going on in all of the sportsmen categories and NHRA does not seem to care.
I also think safety has been compromised since tech seems to no longer exist.
I just competed at an unnamed Division Race and witnessed several blatant safety violations in the staging lanes as we prepared to run.
One competitor made a pass in a roadster without a head and neck restraint, neck collar, head sock, or helmet drape. Another made a pass with the parachute attachment to the car dangling down behind the body.
Both of those things were easily spotted by many in the lanes.
Both should have been required by the rules in the rule book.
I am just very disappointed in NHRA for many reasons currently.
Just my 2 cents.
Rick Cates
Canyon TX

Last edited by 63corvette; Today at 06:41 PM.
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 PM   #64
1legjerry

Liked 60 Times in 10 Posts

I suspect because NHRA changed the rule right after they got caught, there is way more to the story and we will likely never know unless someone spills the beans from 1 of the stanfield cars. My guess is in 30 days the fines will be lifted and the points deduction will stay.

Maybe, a big Maybe someone forgot to update the rules and let everyone know at the first of the year. again maybe.
1legjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old Today, 08:02 PM   #65
SSDA Hemi

Liked 431 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
Do you think the next time they are in the opposite lane anyone of their competitors is going to refuse to run them? The answer is not one!
Wrong Ed. Geoff Turk/ Alex Laughlin is one.

This went on for a year and a half and clearly an NHRA tech mishandling of the situation which affects all of us. Why they chose to save face now is anyones guess. Seeing the lack of integrity displayed by too many racers and NHRA's refusal to enforce the rules , I do believe in what Geoff did. United we stand, divided we fall. The only thing NHRA seems to care about is their wallet
Old Today, 08:05 PM   #66
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 527 Times in 254 Posts

time will tell if I'm right or wrong, right now racer saying they won't is a knee jerk reaction!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote