Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #51
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 90 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: NHRA?s reminder for Chillers at INDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Lily View Post
A quick question though, when is breaking the rules not cheating. Integrity is a weird premise sometimes. If I hide my delay box and dont get caught, am I a hero or zero. When is cheating not cheating? asking so I know what to tell my wife
When was the last time a Pro Ball player admitted they trapped/dropped a ball? Missed a tag? etc. Coach admitted the ref/ump missed a call that should have been in the opposing teams favor? Politicians? You have a monumental question there!
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #52
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 814 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Lily View Post
And maybe entice some new racers into the classes. Silly me, I thought stock actually meant stock. Lets see, aftermarket lightened block, aftermarket stroked crank, aftermarket rods, pistons with radial gas ported rings, oversize cam core, moved lifter bores, Jesel rockers, aluminum heads, replacement carburetor etc etc etc. Nothing really stock here

You need to go to opens to set records and worry more about lowering the class average to not get hp. And aside from the occasional heads up, its just a shoe polish bracket race. Seems the real winners here are the engine builders

A quick question though, when is breaking the rules not cheating. Integrity is a weird premise sometimes. If I hide my delay box and dont get caught, am I a hero or zero. When is cheating not cheating? asking so I know what to tell my wife
Stock and Super Stock really is not just a bracket race Bracket cars only have safety rules,Stock and Super Stock have a huge amount of firm rules they have to ahere to,engine specs chassis rules etc
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM   #53
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,107 Times in 1,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Stock and Super Stock really is not just a bracket race Bracket cars only have safety rules,Stock and Super Stock have a huge amount of firm rules they have to ahere to,engine specs chassis rules etc
That's right Don, and those "firm rules" are so strictly enforced right?
But you can trust me! ;-)

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #54
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,754 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
That's right Don, and those "firm rules" are so strictly enforced right?
But you can trust me! ;-)
They should be!

(It really sucks to get beat heads-up by .01 when the guy in the other lane has just been allowed to break a bunch of these rules and tech made you take your ice off before you entered staging...)
Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM   #55
Ron Ortiz

Liked 262 Times in 89 Posts

After reading this thread I started to realize the differences with other categories and I thought of how we are all at the same track, running different machines, in different individual classes, that we all, on occasion, watch other categories. And are aware of the different scenarios each face, yet our opinions surface and our true colors are exposed. With this, I have a confession to make.

" I run in one of the slower classes in Stock Eliminator, and I have friends that run in T/S and T/D, also SC, SG, and SST. And even some bracket racers."

Ron Ortiz

ok, ok and Jr. Dragsters.