Old Today, 08:21 AM   #11
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,605 Times in 437 Posts
Default Re: Brake Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrys Toy View Post
Bob,
You might want to check with your brake caliper Manufacture and see if they have available a different "compound" brake pad material. There is usually different materials depending on the weight, and speed of the vehicle and temperatures your rotors see. Since its the starting line, you might need an aggressive material because the temps won't be very high. There is a company named EBC that make some really good quality pads for various performance uses. I would still check with your caliper Mfg. and explain your situation and see what they suggest. If you aren't satisfied after that then I would consult with someone like EBC and see if they can't help you. You might even need a "standard pad " for the fronts - so you can hold the car in the water with the line lock and an " aggressive " pad for the rears, to hold the car at an elevated RPM against the converter. I hope this helps, have a Good Day!

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Thanks Henry, I recently began running Aerospace DR97 pads front & rear, which are pretty aggressive. Aerospace uses them in the rear only and use a HP+ motorcross pad up front. Their master cylinder is a 60/40 front to rear according to their instructions and actually calls for 7:1 pedal ratio. Once I get more pressure I am debating taking the DR97 pad out of the front and going to the DTC30 pad up there to avoid locking up the fronts down at the finish line. Has anyone else run DR97 compound up front?
Liked
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #12
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 463 Times in 217 Posts
Default Re: Brake Question

Aerospace brakes/components are way down on the list of drag car brakes. There is a difference.
1320racer is online now   Reply With Quote