Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-02-2024, 10:10 AM   #151
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 896 Times in 324 Posts
Default Re: Trump found guilty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Polley View Post
Funny! Before I retired we had ( Random) drug testing . Usually in Dec when the City realized uh oh we have to test. Guess who got pulled in equipment service time after time? Got tired of it. Was tested 4 times in a year and really made me mad.
So I changed the name on a pair of coveralls to Random. I show up and they are staring at me! ; Seriously ��*♂️!
I ask; am I the only guy in Equipment Services that can pass the Whizz quiz and breathe test?
I was never called in again!
As for the Union? Good and bad, good for training, health care, wages and pension, bad for protected members that deserve to be fired..system is flawed. Especially State unions SEIU..
Agree with you. 90 % of the reason most members want to be union in the first place is your statement of "unions are good for training, health care, wages and pension,". After member get all of those, or at least improvements... then a few ridge runners run right along the ridge. I had a couple of them that drove us nuts. They would run right on the edge of being fired. Once every 3 years it was contract time. At that time, we sent out surveys, talked to members at the monthly meetings, and went back to our notes from the previous couple years on what had happened, who got screwed over and how. After compiling, we then crafted about 40 proposals. Members then voted on the most important 20 of those. Then we categorized them from need to just want. After we passed a contract that was agreed upon by both us and the company, it was time to enforce it. Some of language was installed by the company, and sometimes the members bitched at what they considered to backward steps, but it is a two-way street, and the company owns the place. Our jobs are to make sure the company does what they told us they would do in negotiations. Sometimes the shop bosses had a pissy attitude as many times we came out of negotiations with better benefits etc. than they had. We had yearly officers' elections, so if you did a crappy job, you were voted out. I usually ran unopposed, but occasionally a couple guys would want me out of there as they were of the opinion I was a suck a**. Every union has a couple guys that think the union owns the place, instead of the other way around. We are there to enforce the contract, period. Not to try to enforce what we "wish" was in the contract. Sometimes you could sweet talk them into agreeing with something, but it was 100% up to them if whatever you're trying to accomplish is not specially printed in that contract. Thats where the "suck a** comes in to it. I did the job for 10 years until retirement. Since I left no one has made it more than a couple years. It's not an easy job and getting clobbered from both sides sometimes gets old in a hurry. But it put me in a nice middle-class home and lifestyle and kept me racing a Superstocker, a damn fast one I might add, for decades.
Old 07-02-2024, 10:33 AM   #152
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 825 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
Agree with you. 90 % of the reason most members want to be union in the first place is your statement of "unions are good for training, health care, wages and pension,". After member get all of those, or at least improvements... then a few ridge runners run right along the ridge. I had a couple of them that drove us nuts. They would run right on the edge of being fired. Once every 3 years it was contract time. At that time, we sent out surveys, talked to members at the monthly meetings, and went back to our notes from the previous couple years on what had happened, who got screwed over and how. After compiling, we then crafted about 40 proposals. Members then voted on the most important 20 of those. Then we categorized them from need to just want. After we passed a contract that was agreed upon by both us and the company, it was time to enforce it. Some of language was installed by the company, and sometimes the members bitched at what they considered to backward steps, but it is a two-way street, and the company owns the place. Our jobs are to make sure the company does what they told us they would do in negotiations. Sometimes the shop bosses had a pissy attitude as many times we came out of negotiations with better benefits etc. than they had. We had yearly officers' elections, so if you did a crappy job, you were voted out. I usually ran unopposed, but occasionally a couple guys would want me out of there as they were of the opinion I was a suck a**. Every union has a couple guys that think the union owns the place, instead of the other way around. We are there to enforce the contract, period. Not to try to enforce what we "wish" was in the contract. Sometimes you could sweet talk them into agreeing with something, but it was 100% up to them if whatever you're trying to accomplish is not specially printed in that contract. Thats where the "suck a** comes in to it. I did the job for 10 years until retirement. Since I left no one has made it more than a couple years. It's not an easy job and getting clobbered from both sides sometimes gets old in a hurry. But it put me in a nice middle-class home and lifestyle and kept me racing a Superstocker, a damn fast one I might add, for decades.

Union Strong!!
Eddies66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 11:59 AM   #153
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 520 Times in 191 Posts

Tests the day after Super Bowl would usually get rid if the undesireables.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:50 PM   #154
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 896 Times in 324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
Tests the day after Super Bowl would usually get rid if the undesireables.
Per the Contract, they could not random drug test. Test were conducted if you tore up any of their equipment. Bang up a forklift, put the wrong size fuse in something and burn up a circuit board etc. Mandatory drug test was issued per contract if you had an on site workers comp claim. So, if you got hurt and went to the ER, they tested you before you left. They never really pushed for random testing, because we would have asked for company people to be tested too. And they sure as heck don't want THAT! LOL

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; Yesterday at 01:21 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 06:00 PM   #155
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,619 Times in 1,751 Posts

I've been telling you guys , for 18 years, that this Communist trained and raised POS was a snake in the grass.
I guess this if for the few that haven't figured it out yet:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/c...ama/2024/07/02
Old 07-02-2024, 09:23 PM   #156
Barry Polley

Liked 599 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post

Thanks Jeff. I called them; Fencewalkers!
Yeah most of the Union reps were on the inside track!
Some businesses don’t excel with unions, some do.

Last edited by Barry Polley; 07-02-2024 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Additionally
Barry Polley is offline   Reply With Quote