HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-17-2024, 02:20 PM   #1
Birch motor cars

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Cool 2" Mini Tub No Advantage ???

Just bought a car that I want to run in stock and it has a 2" mini tub (stock wheel well split and widened 2", springs are hung with offset hangers). 1973 Oldsmobile Omega, Stock width GM 12 bolt and running the required tire size will I be able to run this car ? The mini tub does not gain me anything and I know what the rule book says about it. Just thinking Id be okay being how they let you use after market parts in the engine build that are not stock these days. Any thoughts ? (be nice !!!)
Birch motor cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 02:35 PM   #2
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,235 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: 2" Mini Tub No Advantage ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch motor cars View Post
Just bought a car that I want to run in stock and it has a 2" mini tub (stock wheel well split and widened 2", springs are hung with offset hangers). 1973 Oldsmobile Omega, Stock width GM 12 bolt and running the required tire size will I be able to run this car ? The mini tub does not gain me anything and I know what the rule book says about it. Just thinking Id be okay being how they let you use after market parts in the engine build that are not stock these days. Any thoughts ? (be nice !!!)
If you want opinions, there are plenty. Your division or NHRA tech is the only one that counts in my view.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:53 PM   #3
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,318 Posts

Well , in all honesty you could have prob got away with it as there is very little tech today compared with years past. Your mistake was putting this on CR. …Now, everyone will be looking for the 73 Olds Omega with mini tubs….No Advantage or not, mini tubs are a definite NO NO…
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:14 PM   #4
CMcAllister

Liked 767 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
The mini tub does not gain me anything and I know what the rule book says about it. Just thinking Id be okay being how they let you use after market parts in the engine build that are not stock these days. Any thoughts ? (be nice !!!)
I wish.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:35 PM   #5
Paul Precht

Liked 242 Times in 94 Posts

As long as the suspension meets the rules otherwise I think any car should be allowed to make or or use previous mods that aren't an advantage to fit a the legal tire. Unrelated but, I also think a BBM should be allowed to run a 904 trans with an approved bell housing as opposed to spending 10K on a Pro Trans and conv which is not in everyone's budget.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:45 PM   #6
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 680 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Well , in all honesty you could have prob got away with it as there is very little tech today compared with years past. Your mistake was putting this on CR. ?Now, everyone will be looking for the 73 Olds Omega with mini tubs?.No Advantage or not, mini tubs are a definite NO NO?
My thought exactly. Also it may not benefit you but then everyone would be allowed to mini tub and it could help them.
Jeff Stout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:56 PM   #7
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,774 Times in 1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
My thought exactly. Also it may not benefit you but then everyone would be allowed to mini tub and it could help them.
I will guarantee you one thing Jeff…Every 66 Chevy ll back in the day WISHES they were allowed a mini tub before they figured out how to massage the wheel wells ….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 05:35 AM   #8
Henrys Toy

Liked 492 Times in 166 Posts
Smile Re: 2" Mini Tub No Advantage ???

Quote:
Good morning to all,
You know what the rules say?
This is not legal in Stock, It'll be OK in Super Stock.
Have a Great Day.

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA
Henrys Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 08:08 AM   #9
goinbroke2

Liked 195 Times in 72 Posts

As one who has spent $150 to get a repo hood scoop grill, (among other small things) to be legal, it sucks but the rules are the rules.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:28 PM   #10
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,711 Times in 540 Posts

So what the o.p. Wants to do is blatantly cheat and wants you guys to be ok with it

NO! I don?t care, but as the rules are written, you cannot do that, so no, do not do that!
Sometimes I wonder why we even have a rulebook
I?ve seen a few people in super Street show up with cars that are well underweight and their only excuse was I didn?t think that they would weigh?
Keith 944 is online now   Reply With Quote