HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-17-2023, 02:39 PM   #61
Tony Fagnilli

Liked 196 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: "Live" from Columbus Jegs Speedweek 2023

Cool videos, Ken. Thanks. It's always fun racing you. And, by the way, I BLEW the tires off in the first round of the divisional. Sucks because I was .006 on the tree. Oh well
Tony Fagnilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-17-2023, 02:47 PM   #62
NHRA1926

Liked 163 Times in 53 Posts

Funny, same thing happened to me in Super Street. Blew the tires off 1st round, got lucky, opponent red lighted. 2nd round, blew tires off again, was .006 on the tree. Frustrating that track prep at an NHRA divisional was so terrible, saw lots off cars spinning and no reaction from starting line crew.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:02 PM   #63
ausby

Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts

my car worked fine. ive had problems there in the past. but this past weekend was good for me. i got an old heavy ladder bar car too.
Old 07-17-2023, 05:31 PM   #64
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 819 Times in 220 Posts
Thumbs down Re: "Live" from Columbus Jegs Speedweek 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Hope they get the scoreboard working before elimination!!
Just a fact no one can see the scoreboard anyway the lights are weak They needed to be updated for a national event I would think so, Plus the Pa / Radio never worked half the time and this is a National event facility Even the parking was a zoo with some racers getting to park on the pavement and some not allowed to park on pavement i almost left because I am a "Pit Snob" and A "Starting line Snob" No excuses for a Professional ran track to have any issues after this is not the first time for a race like this
Old 07-18-2023, 08:58 AM   #65
Ralph A Powell

Liked 211 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
Just a fact no one can see the scoreboard anyway the lights are weak They needed to be updated for a national event I would think so, Plus the Pa / Radio never worked half the time and this is a National event facility Even the parking was a zoo with some racers getting to park on the pavement and some not allowed to park on pavement i almost left because I am a "Pit Snob" and A "Starting line Snob" No excuses for a Professional ran track to have any issues after this is not the first time for a race like this
There will never be a National Event there again! They have had their day in the sun. If you guys are so unhappy about the place just don’t go! All the whining won’t fix anything. Or maybe you could buy the place and do it rite!
Ralph A Powell is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-18-2023, 09:15 AM   #66
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 819 Times in 220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph A Powell View Post
There will never be a National Event there again! They have had their day in the sun. If you guys are so unhappy about the place just don’t go! All the whining won’t fix anything. Or maybe you could buy the place and do it rite!
A concern do the decision makers of the track know the issues their customers are having at THEIR FACILITY? or do they know but don't care ?? I also can have the answers to solve the issues as most racers have also, Replace the scoreboard lights is one. next train the starting line crew on how to prepare the track for National event quality type race cars which make a lot of power,to have the pit parking available for the top ten race ers in points saved for them the rest is first come first served don't have a parking person being bossy and being the first contact of the event being negative

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 07-18-2023 at 10:00 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 09:34 AM   #67
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,231 Times in 1,618 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
A concern do the decision makers of the track know the issues their customers are having at THEIR FACILITY? or do they know but don't care ??
Ya know Don, I really don't mean you or anyone else any disrespect but all of these subjects and more are why I don't even bother putting together nice "stuff" anymore. If the track is junk (and will only handle junk) then it only seems like the right thing (to me) to race down it is junk.

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 07-19-2023, 01:40 PM   #68
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 14,939 Times in 1,379 Posts

Hey guys, I did a video rolling home from the Jeg Sportnationals. I deal with a few muppets on the road, but for the most part it was a good trip. I talk about, "is it worth it"... Its my take, and would love to hear yours.

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:52 PM   #69
J.R. Haddad

Liked 1,027 Times in 222 Posts

Ken, you are so right that we should be grateful we get to do this. The best thing about racing, "Winning". The second best thing, "Losing". Means we got be there, and hopefully gave it all we had. I don't mean we should like losing, far from it. But its better than the third best thing, "Not there".
And we know what the fourth thing is.

J.R.
J.R. Haddad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 03:20 PM   #70
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,946 Times in 906 Posts

Amen Ken, the opportunity we have to pursue our passion for racing is a vanishing one and I for one will continue to do it for as long as possible. While I don’t have the opportunities or racing budget to compete with most when I turn on the second light I have every expectation that a win light will soon follow. If it doesn’t it’s on to the next opportunity to compete, and that’s all anyone can ask for. Most of us can “remember when” competing was far easier. We were younger, the tracks were more plentiful, the sanctioning bodies cared about sportsman racers, an old pickup and open trailer seemed perfectly adequate, etc. But most of all we were competing and enjoying the company of those who share our passion and that feeling is still there. The years and health may take that away but not the aggravation or long tows or uncaring NHRA or anything else. Denver has long been on my bucket list so I flew to Denver to see the last “traditional” Mile High Nationals. It was a thrill in every sense, even as just a spectator. Met some new racers, almost saw Norman take that awesome 62 Pontiac all the way and the list goes on. As long as I can, I will and be it in a bracket car or a Super Stocker I will be expecting that win light to come on.
Set another place at the table
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote