HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-24-2022, 08:49 AM   #31
Tim Barrett

Liked 335 Times in 60 Posts
Default Re: National Dragster

An old friend said years ago,,"Enjoy what you got,,cause it ain't going to last forever". Linda and I decided last year we were going to travel around the US and compete at as many Divisionals and Nationals as we can and it paid off with a Divisional win in Topeka Kansas. When covid had people hiding in their closets,,we were running at races in 4 Divisions.
This year we are doing the same with,hopefully,the Western Swing to add to our HUGE list of memories!! We had a GREAT start to this year by winning the Baby Gators and will work hard for our first National win.
Many of our friends have decided to stay local because of high fuel prices and refuse to go to Indy because of the AHFS. We turned 68 this year and REALLY LOVE Stock Eliminator and before we hang it up we are going to enjoy what we have left.
We are by no means rich,,except for Linda and I having each other,but I know how to manage my $$$$.
Nothing going to change,,for quite awhile unless we get President Trump BACK. But,we all have cures and Linda and I are enjoying what's left and meeting some really fantastic people!!
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:32 AM   #32
garyc

Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts

I thought the last n/d I got had all kinds of sportsman stuff, 7/8 page Jackie frick, 2 page photo spread sportsman cars, several articles, 50 wins, full page each class winternats etc
garyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-28-2022, 01:36 AM   #33
Chad Fergen

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Barrett View Post
An old friend said years ago,,"Enjoy what you got,,cause it ain't going to last forever". Linda and I decided last year we were going to travel around the US and compete at as many Divisionals and Nationals as we can and it paid off with a Divisional win in Topeka Kansas. When covid had people hiding in their closets,,we were running at races in 4 Divisions.
This year we are doing the same with,hopefully,the Western Swing to add to our HUGE list of memories!! We had a GREAT start to this year by winning the Baby Gators and will work hard for our first National win.
Many of our friends have decided to stay local because of high fuel prices and refuse to go to Indy because of the AHFS. We turned 68 this year and REALLY LOVE Stock Eliminator and before we hang it up we are going to enjoy what we have left.
We are by no means rich,,except for Linda and I having each other,but I know how to manage my $$$$.
Nothing going to change,,for quite awhile unless we get President Trump BACK. But,we all have cures and Linda and I are enjoying what's left and meeting some really fantastic people!!
I love your attitude! Hope to meet you soon.
Chad Fergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:32 AM   #34
Curt Rees

Liked 227 Times in 48 Posts
Thumbs up Re: National Dragster

Well spoken, Tim! Pretty soon we will all be 76+, at the end of our run, checking to see if the win light will come on one more time.....better enjoy!

Curt Rees
Old 04-03-2022, 07:23 PM   #35
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
Unless I missed it, there was absolutely no mention or photos of last year's division champions.

In the past, each division was given a page, with all of its champion cars pictured.
It took a while but, credit where due, there is a 2021 division champion section in the new March issue of National Dragster.
Old 04-03-2022, 08:10 PM   #36
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 661 Times in 283 Posts

It`s as if someone read this thread.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #37
Phil Veldheer Racing

Liked 26 Times in 8 Posts

I started getting National Dragster weekly in 1965 when I was in tenth grade in High School, and I still get it. That's 57 years of ND. Back then it typically came the same day every week and you couldn't wait to see who won what. Back then if you went to a bigger size-speed shop, they had a stack of ten fresh ones for sale each week. Then 1970 rolls up and I get to go to ARMY basic training in Fort Jackson, SC. Luckily the US MAIL had it together and the latest issue of ND correctly followed me through eight weeks of basic training on “tank hill” and then made the trip across the base for my eight weeks of AIT ( advanced individual training) again without missing an issue. It made those four months a lot more pleasant. Happiness for me was being on the cover of ND with one car, then three cars, and then five cars. Those were the good old days for sure. Not going to complain but the latest issue that arrived on Saturday is the best they've done lately
Phil Veldheer Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:59 PM   #38
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,355 Times in 415 Posts
Thumbs up Re: National Dragster

I received mine yesterday, April 5; and it contains more Sportsman coverage than I have seen in recent issues.