HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2022, 08:13 PM   #31
Tom P

Liked 224 Times in 90 Posts
Default Re: Jeg’s Sold

Summit and others got hit with huge fines too. How do they know the parts are for street use or going on a vehicle that isn't pre-emissions era? If this crap isn't defeated then we could end up having to register car parts like guns.... if we can even buy any.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-02-2022, 12:55 PM   #32
CMcAllister

Liked 768 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post
Summit and others got hit with huge fines too. How do they know the parts are for street use or going on a vehicle that isn't pre-emissions era? If this crap isn't defeated then we could end up having to register car parts like guns.... if we can even buy any.
Jeg's, Summit and the rest of the industry should be protected by the simple "Not for use on street vehicles or vehicles used on public highways" notice that has been used for years. Going after these companies for the sins of the end user is extortion and abuse, and is an underhanded attempt to destroy the car/truck hobby. Period.

Does Louisville Slugger get fined everytime someone uses their bat to clobber someone? Does Ford get fined when some nutjob drives his Explorer through a Christmas parade?

This is the same crap being fought - mostly successfully - by the firearms industry. It's a #### shame that this is being allowed to happen to any legit business, simply because it on the wrong side of political correctness.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #33
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 174 Times in 39 Posts

Read Jegs return policy - It has changed - not sure exactly when - but it used to be 12 months for most items - not anymore

https://helpcenter.jegs.com/hc/en-us...s/360059265393
Angelo DiTocco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:29 PM   #34
Dave Noll

Liked 220 Times in 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55 View Post
Air pollution has been a problem for over 50 years in California, there's over 39 million people in the State, there's a mountainous terrain that traps pollution and warm climate that helps form ozone and other pollutant, they gotta do what they gotta do!
Years ago I was looking through an encyclopedia @ my late mother-in-laws and in the 1800's the indians called this area "the valley of smoke"
Old 03-06-2022, 12:44 PM   #35
CMcAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo DiTocco View Post
Read Jegs return policy - It has changed - not sure exactly when - but it used to be 12 months for most items - not anymore

https://helpcenter.jegs.com/hc/en-us...s/360059265393
In their defense, I don't blame them.

My involvement in retail auto parts over the years, and dealing with customers who abuse an already lenient return policy, tells me this is a big money loser for them. The amount of time people waste by buying crap they don't need and then returning it is amazing.

Used stuff returned, worn out junk returned, items that have laid around a dirty shop for 6 months, stuff torn up trying to make it fit, torn up packaging and unsellable items - people have no respect and will abuse the system. So much stuff that just gets thrown in the trash as there is nothing else that can be done with it. It's not just a few percentage points has been my experience.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 03-06-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:24 PM   #36
1matcoman

Liked 287 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcAllister View Post
In their defense, I don't blame them.

My involvement in retail auto parts over the years, and dealing with customers who abuse an already lenient return policy, tells me this is a big money loser for them. The amount of time people waste by buying crap they don't need and then returning it is amazing.

Used stuff returned, worn out junk returned, items that have laid around a dirty shop for 6 months, stuff torn up trying to make it fit, torn up packaging and unsellable items - people have no respect and will abuse the system. So much stuff that just gets thrown in the trash as there is nothing else that can be done with it. It's not just a few percentage points has been my experience.
^^^ this
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-07-2022, 12:43 AM   #37
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Speaking of Jegs. My wife has been using Amazon for years. I just recently bought my first thing there a few weeks ago. It was $60 less on there. Than on Jegs or other mail order website. Guess who’s box it came in. Jegs and I didn’t have to pay the $11.99 or whatever it is for shipping. How is that? I won’t go into too much other stuff. And side track the hell out of this thread. But even if it doesn’t come from one of the normal mail order places They slaughter the prices ona lot of performance parts. Don’t get me wrong. I hate what they are doing to small businesses. But all the speed shops are gone now. Might as well goto the lowest bidder if the parts are all the same.

Last edited by Rob Petrie E395; 03-07-2022 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Auto correct messed up.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #38
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 899 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
Speaking of Jegs. My wife has been using Amazon for years. I just recently bought my first thing there a few weeks ago. It was $60 less on there. Than on Jegs or other mail order website. Guess who’s box it came in. Jegs and I didn’t have to pay the $11.99 or whatever it is for shipping. How is that? I won’t go into too much other stuff. And side track the hell out of this thread. But even if it doesn’t come from one of the normal mail order places They slaughter the prices ona lot of performance parts. Don’t get me wrong. I hate what they are doing to small businesses. But all the speed shops are gone now. Might as well goto the lowest bidder if the parts are all the same.
My wife is a big Amazon buyer and I've used it a good bit too. She was telling me last week about some people she knows that sell on Amazon. If you become one of Amazon's clients they will advertise and sell your products for you. You ship from your (Jegs) facilities. BUT... you can never sell those products cheaper than the Amazon advertised price. Never.
BTW, here's all the company's Jegs new owner owns..

https://www.greenbriarequity.com/portfolio/

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 03-07-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Jeff Niceswanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-07-2022, 03:37 PM   #39
CMcAllister

Amazon is the playground of counterfeiters.
Liked
Old 03-12-2022, 09:25 AM   #40
AC

Liked 64 Times in 22 Posts

Crazy times we live in! This is probably the beginning of the end for jegs! Curious if jegs came away with cash or needed the cash to stay afloat? Guaranteed the first thing the PE firm starts to cut are race sponsorships and purses, PE means one thing, SHOW ME THE MONEY!
AC is offline   Reply With Quote