Old 02-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #51
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,770 Times in 1,518 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gantz View Post
"Winners never cheat and cheaters never win."
You sure? Oh, we're talking Racing not politics.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:12 PM   #52
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX JOHN View Post
Yes = There are a lot of great drivers in Stock/SS.
My son is one of them - I am not one of them!

However, It breaks my Heart to see him have to compete
with other good drivers who have electronics that tip the
scales so far in their favor against him.

You can come up and inspect everything on our cars anytime
anyone asks.

We have the funds and know where to find the tech to implement
the changes necessary to compete at the highest level with the other
great drivers.

We discussed it a couple years ago and indeed I was considering
so AND I was pissed off enough to do it after over nearly 60 years
in this sport of following the rules.

I brought it up to my son Jon = He said NO WAY would he participate
in doing so and please do not bring it up again!
Sorry but according to the MASSES on Class Racer you must be out of your mind !! HAHA !! Everyones on the up n up Theirs absolutely no cheaters just great drivers and fantastic head and block millers !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:23 AM   #53
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Two things I can tell you is about 10-12 years I had a customer done engine for 8.5X26 tire class... 5.17 1/8 like it was on a rail... they couldn't go any quicker..so finally they added 10lbs boost....go or smoke tires..5.17 on a rail..they were scratching their heads....their tuner showed them how to change run/parameters in grid..5,08 but not on a rail anymore... as long as it had those one set of parameters...5,17 on a rail no matter what...

2nd.. friends running NMCA pro mod type car told me track was throwing them.. here local starting line tight loose at 1/8.... NMCA greasy starting line greasy.. 1/8 tight said everyone was using traction control so they navigate greasy first half...he didn't have and struggled... he got one and was trying to get baseline here local...wrong number of magnets on driveshaft entered between rounds... basically made run half throttle..because traction control thought it was spinning..
so I got on Davis technology website and I was pissed... FIRST demonstration was showing data for 500'' NHRA Pro Stock..
it does traction control or consistency....
my opinion... a car is running dead on dial.... MPH is all over place pay attention..

Last edited by Mike Taylor 3601; 02-24-2021 at 02:09 AM.
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:55 AM   #54
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
Two things I can tell you is about 10-12 years I had a customer done engine for 8.5X26 tire class... 5.17 1/8 like it was on a rail... they couldn't go any quicker..so finally they added 10lbs boost....go or smoke tires..5.17 on a rail..they were scratching their heads....their tuner showed them how to change run/parameters in grid..5,08 but not on a rail anymore... as long as it had those one set of parameters...5,17 on a rail no matter what...

2nd.. friends running NMCA pro mod type car told me track was throwing them.. here local starting line tight loose at 1/8.... NMCA greasy starting line greasy.. 1/8 tight said everyone was using traction control so they navigate greasy first half...he didn't have and struggled... he got one and was trying to get baseline here local...wrong number of magnets on driveshaft entered between rounds... basically made run half throttle..because traction control thought it was spinning..
so I got on Davis technology website and I was pissed... FIRST demonstration was showing data for 500'' NHRA Pro Stock..
it does traction control or consistency....
my opinion... a car is running dead on dial.... MPH is all over place pay attention..
Also, all these add-on's interface with the MSD Grid system and all brands of EFI, with the exception of Motec. Motec already has a lot of these features as part of their higher end ECU's.

As regards to the Davis Technology offerings, many of them work with non-EFI cars as long as you can read the driveshaft or wheel speed. They are also self-learning after you have set them up.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:12 PM   #55
gmeyer

Liked 30 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Also, all these add-on's interface with the MSD Grid system and all brands of EFI, with the exception of Motec. Motec already has a lot of these features as part of their higher end ECU's.

As regards to the Davis Technology offerings, many of them work with non-EFI cars as long as you can read the driveshaft or wheel speed. They are also self-learning after you have set them up.
I think its time to order one up
gmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #56
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,770 Times in 1,518 Posts

Ya know, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong (why even ask!) but when did it become legal that you could use a "data logger" during Eliminations? I thought that the "data logger" had to be out of the car during Eliminations. And when did "the grid" become legal?

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:41 PM   #57
bubski

Liked 186 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong (why even ask!) but when did it become legal that you could use a "data logger" during Eliminations? I thought that the "data logger" had to be out of the car during Eliminations. And when did "the grid" become legal?
Hard saying not knowing !! Im thinking this became "legal" sometime in between SS head porting , chamber mods , and whacking off your intake flanges on your heads !!! Kinda like after all those years it took to say no NOS in pro stock !!
bubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:59 PM   #58
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
That would be tough on some of us since the one box not only records data, also operates injectors coil packs etc . It is legal to record data,but not legal to display driveshaft , wheel speed etc to driver during run.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:15 PM   #59
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e vassar View Post
That would be tough on some of us since the one box not only records data, also operates injectors coil packs etc . It is legal to record data,but not legal to display driveshaft , wheel speed etc to driver during run.
You do not need to display the data during the run; the ECU can be programmed to use the inputs to perform specific actions.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:18 PM   #60
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

The fully detailed run data for national events and most divisionals has been public for a few years now.

Anybody see anything fishy in there?