Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-14-2020, 07:40 PM   #101
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 262 Posts
Default Re: Covid 19. Over reaction ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Billy, it's up to you to disprove my posts. I have nothing to prove to you or anybody else. But I will tell you the acorn you think you've found is hollow. Pelosi was elected to represent her district in Congress so you can play with that acorn all you want.

Mark, what revisionist history are you talking about? Trump is the one who failed to warn the US public and take action to protect us against the Coronavirus. He said it would go away by April - no big deal. And the impeachment deal was over in January and throttled by the AG, I might add. Lets go back to the old lie that Trump was distracted by the impeachment - that must have been in between all of his golfing trips and campaign rallies. You know the man loves his golf and adulation. Even though he has spent hundreds of millions of our damn dollars playing golf, but that's just fine with you. In fact the only thing that any of you Trumpers have in common with him is his petty politics. Do you guys think pounding on Pelosi will make all of Trumps foibles go away? Like Trump University which was a fraud, oh and what about his foundation which was found to be ripping off a children's cancer charity, oh and whores all over place. Just the kinda guy for you.
Never mind. It was to un-professional.

Last edited by Jeff Stout; 04-14-2020 at 07:46 PM. Reason: More
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:11 PM   #102
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Until this pandemic I really did not realize last world pandemic was 2009/2010 H1N1 swine flu.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:36 PM   #103
Don Sofranko

Liked 111 Times in 28 Posts

You guys owe it to yourselves to watch this, and look for hope from the Fauci types who understand science. Its about the 1918 flu and how it went away. It may be very near what we are seeing here?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...lms/influenza/

I see this happening after a fair amount of research

1- when the stay at home ends, we are going to be wearing masks for several years in public. Ever notice how asians are always wearing masks? (even before this?)

2- this may take 1-2 years to go away completely, I hope masks aren't for life.

3- I would rather be safe and listen to science and history, until we know what this thing is for sure. Its going to be very hard to stay apart in public, and this is going to be a dicey year.

4- I wish people and countries that dined on bats, would knock it off, and come under FDA type standards.

Last edited by Don Sofranko; 04-17-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Don Sofranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-17-2020, 01:57 PM   #104
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sofranko View Post
You guys owe it to yourselves to watch this, and look for hope from the Fauchi types who understand science. Its about the 1918 flu and how it went away. It may be very near what we are seeing here?
We have been hearing a lot about the history of this here in Philadelphia. That's because Philadelphia did not cancel a planned parade and as a result, was one of the hardest hit cities in 1918.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #105
jwsamuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Bruce, just one question, Was Pelosi elected by the voters in her District to look after their best interests?
House members are elected to represent their districts in the federal government. The assist their constituents only in federal matters and do not get involved in state and local affairs.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #106
jwsamuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
The hysteria was started with an 2.2 million death (not the number infected) dead from covid19 computer model prediction for the U.S. That number is at this time simular to world wide reported total cases.
That projection was if nothing was done to try to prevent the spread.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #107
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 797 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Sofranko View Post
You guys owe it to yourselves to watch this, and look for hope from the Fauchi types who understand science. Its about the 1918 flu and how it went away. It may be very near what we are seeing here?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...lms/influenza/

I see this happening after a fair amount of research

1- when the stay at home ends, we are going to be wearing masks for several years in public. Ever notice how asians are always wearing masks? (even before this?)

2- this may take 1-2 years to go away completely, I hope masks aren't for life.

3- I would rather be safe and listen to science and history, until we know what this thing is for sure. Its going to be very hard to stay apart in public, and this is going to be a dicey year.

4- I wish people and countries that dined on bats, would knock it off, and come under FDA type standards.

Having lived in Japan for 3 years, people wear masks when they are sick. Science is the key to solving this problem not politics. Bats can't be all bad, said Ozzy Osborne.

Last edited by Eddies66; 04-17-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #108
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,743 Times in 858 Posts

Yep, I’m sure Ozzy Osborne is a good lead to follow...
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #109
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,743 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
She did not use "Trump" pens. She used her own office pens and gave several away after signing the articles.
Note the quotation marks, yes her signing of the articles was a real high point for the republic. Great cause for celebration that. Another such celebration was held when Cuomo signed into law permitting full term abortion. Decency sure isn’t what it use to be, on either side of the political spectrum for that matter.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #110
Grey Ghost

Liked 210 Times in 88 Posts

You could argue that shuttering businesses and comfining all to their homes is actually prolonging and intensifying this mess.

Covid19 like EVERY other infectious disease we've dealt with over the centuries is going to run it's course whether we do anything or not. PRECAUTIONS ARE NECESSARY as a matter of common sense. Protecting those of higher risk is essential but apparently lacking when it comes to the vulnerable.

Failure/scientifically unable to protect elderly care facilities is appalling. The first outbreak in Washington state devastated a care facility. Through out the country the elderly facilities are still being devastated and we're told the measures taken are working.

Flattening the "curve" seems to be more of nature taking it's course than "science experts" having a meaningful impact. Nature ALWAYS wins.

Last edited by Grey Ghost; 04-18-2020 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Add commentary
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote