HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2020, 11:17 PM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,325 Times in 456 Posts
Default The answer to get National Points

Take one Divisional from each Division and let the points count towards National points and not Divisional Points. Change nothing else. Maybe something that should be looked at for the future also. With the current system it would be real tough for someone to become National Champ unless they attended several grade point races the year before. Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-26-2020, 01:19 AM   #2
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: The answer to get National Points

I feel for anyone who lost their local events, but this is not a new challenge for anyone west of the Mississippi.

On another note, I'd bet there are more racers chasing division points than national points who wouldn't agree with that proposal.
Liked
Old 03-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
B Parker

Liked 2,325 Times in 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny5160 View Post
I feel for anyone who lost their local events, but this is not a new challenge for anyone west of the Mississippi.

On another note, I'd bet there are more racers chasing division points than national points who wouldn't agree with that proposal.
Lenny that is why I said only one race. And I think you will find that most that are really chasing divisional points go out of division for several races. The problem with Nationals not everyone has grade 8 or more to get into them. Barry
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

The answer is to not crown any champions this year.

There will be no fair way for ever racer to have the same opportunity earning points with the cancelled races.

We are not even close to racing yet so no telling what mayhem will happen to divisional races yet.

No way to rearrange schedules to have equal opportunities around the country.

People don’t have unlimited time and money to travel the USA to race. Many folks have jobs, families, etc.
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406mopar View Post
There will be no fair way for ever racer to have the same opportunity earning points with the cancelled races.

No way to rearrange schedules to have equal opportunities around the country.

People don’t have unlimited time and money to travel the USA to race. Many folks have jobs, families, etc.
This is what I was alluding to above. It never has been 'fair' or 'equal opportunity' for all racers across the country to chase a championship.

If events are able to run under this revised schedule, it will probably be more 'fair' than it has ever been!
Liked
Old 03-26-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
Quo Pro Joe

Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Years ago,there were jokes about racing for a Wally.If these events go on,I can't see any company being able to afford contingency.The expenses to attend will never be offset even if you won.Before,you at least had a shot at breaking even.
Quo Pro Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #7
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo Pro Joe View Post
Years ago,there were jokes about racing for a Wally.If these events go on,I can't see any company being able to afford contingency.The expenses to attend will never be offset even if you won.Before,you at least had a shot at breaking even.
The expenses haven't been offset for years. If you're looking to break even I suggest the weekend bracket program at your local track. By the way, it's been my experience that the people who knock "Wallys" have never won one. I personally treasure each and every Wally that I've had the good fortune to win. NHRA sportsman racing at the National and Divisional level is not like t-ball......no awards for just showing up.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #8
Bob Smith

Liked 129 Times in 33 Posts

If someone has the means, rather time or money, and can logistically attend the events that NHRA allows for a championship then they should be the champion - or further the one of those people that collects the most points.

NHRA allows the best 3 of 6 National Events and the best 5 of 8 Divisional Events. If someone can attend, how can they be penalized for their support of NHRA or for their efforts?
Bob Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked