HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #5331
Bobdakota

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post

And if you look at where the dark blue is on the sides and the roof, it matches where the paint is removed from the car being stripped. Not to mention the now famous quarter panel repair.
And, if you look close enough, you can see a double exposed picture of the r/r wheel opening / quarter panel back to the bumper.
Does anybody know where this picture was taken? Maybe could ID the Camaro, maybe it’s owner or past owners would know who’s dart it was?It’s a longshot but hey, I’m sure you’ve been down that road before. Good luck on your search! Bob
Bobdakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #5332
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

There's a 4 sale sign on that building behind the left front fender--- maybe get the area. code give u an idea where that picture of the stripped down car is
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #5333
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Have I ever mentioned my favorite LO23?

Ok. Maybe once or twice.....

And the man....

Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #5334
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Charlie,
Was Joe Ralph Thompson the original owner of this Dart?
It seems that all of the pictures I have seen of the car are from 1970 when it was running P/S - seems like I have also seen it in M/P. At the US Nationals (or maybe the World Finals ) in 1968 he had the 65 car.
Thanks,
Mark Janaky
1968 Hemi S/S Registry
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:42 PM   #5335
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68hemiss View Post
Charlie,
Was Joe Ralph Thompson the original owner of this Dart?
It seems that all of the pictures I have seen of the car are from 1970 when it was running P/S - seems like I have also seen it in M/P. At the US Nationals (or maybe the World Finals ) in 1968 he had the 65 car.
Thanks,
Mark Janaky
1968 Hemi S/S Registry
Yes he was. Number 43 on original owners list. Gene Graham was usually driving it

Last edited by Charlie A; 04-08-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #5336
rhinodaert

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Walker View Post
MCACN car show near the Chicago O'Hare airport
MCACN = Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals
Saturday November 17, 2018
Don Edelsteins car, I have a lot of parts in that car, he needs to quit crashing it...
rhinodaert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #5337
Bobdakota

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinodaert View Post
Don Edelsteins car, I have a lot of parts in that car, he needs to quit crashing it...
Jim,
Do you know who’s car Edelstein’s car was originally?
Thanks ,
Bob
Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #5338
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post

I have often wondered about this one. In the stripped down picture of your car it had a silver paint job if I remember correctly. And the dent in front of the rear bumper may have left a spot you might be able to still see. Did we ever identify this one? There was another picture of it parked next to a motel somewhere in this thread.
This is the only photo I have seen of this car. I believe it is mine due mostly from the front wheel tire combo. The Formula 1 Superstock tires were a street tire to the best of my knowledge and are also on that photo of my car stripped to bare metal. You can also see it has a tunnel ram on it. mine was rumoured to have had a tunnelram on it but a lot of these cars did. When Tim Hennessey purchased it he remembers the top of the scoop being messed up and had to replace the top half of it.
What looks to be a dent in front of the rear bumper cant be confirmed on my car as I have tried to look down on the inside with flashlight and mirror but just cant get a good look to see .
Charlie, I don't remember that photo you speak of it parked beside a motel. Care to enlighten to bring my aging memory back up to speed?

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #5339
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdakota View Post
Does anybody know where this picture was taken? Maybe could ID the Camaro, maybe it’s owner or past owners would know who’s dart it was?It’s a longshot but hey, I’m sure you’ve been down that road before. Good luck on your search! Bob
Hey Bob
the photo of the Dart in the pits beside the Camaro has been looked into by me trying to ID that car. I have searched for more photos of that Camaro also on east coast based racetracks trying to get more info. I think this was at New York National speedway but cant confirm.
the photo of the stripped down Dart is definitely my car during the early 80's when Lou Vignognia owned it. He commissioned Paul Pittman to paint it white. I contacted Paul several years ago and he found these photos of it and sent them to me.

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #5340
Bobdakota

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Hey Bob
the photo of the Dart in the pits beside the Camaro has been looked into by me trying to ID that car. I have searched for more photos of that Camaro also on east coast based racetracks trying to get more info. I think this was at New York National speedway but cant confirm.
the photo of the stripped down Dart is definitely my car during the early 80's when Lou Vignognia owned it. He commissioned Paul Pittman to paint it white. I contacted Paul several years ago and he found these photos of it and sent them to me.

liteweight
Thanks for the reply, I’m always surfing the web looking for info on the darts and barracudas. I’m trying to do a photo history of these cars, as a personal project. You and the rest of the guys on this forum seem to be more knowledgeable than myself, I appreciate all the info you guys have provided me. I’ll keep my eyes open if I happen to run across anything I may look like your dart. Yes as you know some of these cars are more scarce for info and pictures and others. I have followed The‘s car since the early 90s. Having gone to many national events, we’ve probably actually ran into each other somewhere along the way I’m sure. My father-in-law and brother-in-law run nostalgia superstock, a 1967 cuda painted like a Sox and Martin car. It is not a fastback though . We are from the Midwest, Dubuque Iowa.
Bob