HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-31-2016, 09:02 AM   #1
kmawhee

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default TPMS suggestions

After reading all the threads about trailer safety I was wondering if there are any TPMS solutions you guys liked / or dis liked? If you're using them on a trailer, how far are the sensors from the controller?

Thanks
kmawhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:17 PM   #2
Darrel Goheen

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: TPMS suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmawhee View Post
After reading all the threads about trailer safety I was wondering if there are any TPMS solutions you guys liked / or dis liked? If you're using them on a trailer, how far are the sensors from the controller?

Thanks
I have used and sold both PressurePro and the Doran system. Both about the same price and both work great but I like the Doran system better because of how it programs and operates and it has more features as well. I have a 37' motorhome with 26' stacker, 3 axle trailer. The monitor is on my dash.
Darrel Goheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
david cron

Liked 5 Times in 1 Post

check out techno rv. i purchased a tpms system from them. very reasonably priced.
will monitor tire temp and air pressure. also has a alarm when tire pressure drops below a threshold that you set. the basic set comes with four tire sensors, the system i purchased has the capability to monitor up to 24 tires if you purchase the additional sensors.
david cron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:20 AM   #4
davebw31

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

any TPMS you buy get the one that you can replace the batteries, have a locking device to secure the sender to the valve stem, and that you can check your air pressure manually without removing the sender.
davebw31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
John Stock

Liked 45 Times in 2 Posts

A couple of years ago I switched my motor home Dornan system ( which worked adequately but I needed new transponders) to A Truck System Technology monitor system. The motor home is 40' with tag and the trailer is a triple axle. The system uses a repeater in the back of the MH to boost the signal to and from the trailer transponders. It gives a constant read out of tire pressure and tire temperature for any tire of the 14 and scans constantly. They have transponder and system opinions that meet many needs. It gives me some peace of mind, but as Jeff's incident shows, there may be no early warning in certain circumstances.
John Stock is offline   Reply With Quote