Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-21-2016, 09:22 PM   #21
PLankford

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Fox Coverage of the Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Comstock View Post
Well, I also gave in and bought the $99 package but I wasn't too happy with it. It was fine if you want to watch the pros but when it came time to run super stock 2nd round, I think it was, all I had on my screen was a big Gator Nationals logo so I didn't get to see Kevin's run. You could hear the announcer but couldn't see anything. Maybe they were having technical difficulties or something because it did come back on later, but as you all know, the main reason I watch is to see my son so I was disappointed that I had to miss that run after shelling out the $99. And as far as that goes, we used to get the same coverage for free with ESPN3 on certain races.
There were a few blips in the coverage but overall it was very good. That is a shame that you just happened to hit one of the bad spots in a short time that was important to you... Overall it seemed like uptime was at least mid 90 percents.
PLankford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #22
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,129 Times in 342 Posts
Default Re: Fox Coverage of the Gators

I heard Brian Lohnes say that this weekend was supposed to be a "soft roll" for the all-access deal and in the future they will be tweaking it and making it better. I think the logo deal was because they were having technical problems. I hate to say but, I have to disagree that what was on all-access was the same as ESPN3. Like I said plenty of times once the pros were done and there was no alky there the camera pointed to the christmas tree and just stayed there or panned out to the end of the track and you had to guess who won. I think what is different is that all-access is not hooked up to FS1 so while stock is running they don't cut over to John Force's trailer to interview him for the 10th time in which ESPN3 used to do because that was linked to their broadcast and sometimes you would see them editing the footage while sportsman were running. I think in the long run it will all work out but, very good for the first go around.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote