HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-17-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Greg Gay

Liked 242 Times in 55 Posts
Default Attn.: "mykids"

On the picture you have posted of "Bob's Performance AAR Cuda Stocker", was that picture taken at New England Dragway in the '70's? If so, who are you, or the driver of the car. I was there most weekends in the '70's, but I don't remember that car.

Thanks,

Greg Gay
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
mykids

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Attn.: "mykids"

It was my car bought it from Pearl Harbour on my way home - put about 2,000 street miles and turned into a FO Stocker it was in 1971 that car was at New England every time it was open - beat Mandeville Chevrolet's Corvette in the final round of the Grand American also in 1971 it was on a Red/White/Blue GMC Ramp Truck and I had a stack of 144 time slips for year's that I had accumulated from New England with that car and I had more hour's in the Holley's than I can even talk about to get them to work - Bob Albert 508-269-9611

(My Brother ran an Orange AAR for Weir Auto Sales while I was away )
mykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #3
mykids

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

This is the baby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOB'S PERFORMANCE  AAR - 1.jpg
Views:	1398
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	30137  
Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #4
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykids View Post
This is the baby
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
Greg Gay

Liked 242 Times in 55 Posts

Hi Bob,

Sorry about the delay in responding; work has been hectic. Now that I think of it, you were probably slightly ahead of my time. My father started racing in 1971, but raced mostly at South Glens Falls and Lebanon Valley early on. It was more like 1973 before he started concentrating more on Epping. What was FO Stock? I remember the Top Stock and Jr. Stock eliminators at Epping under the AHRA rules, along with trophy classes. Do you still go to Epping? If so, stop by my trailer sometime. Either a 69 Super Bee, 80 Mirada, or 71 Road Runner, white enclosed trailer with "B-D-R Transport" on the sides.

Greg
Greg Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
mykids

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Greg:
Sorry for the late response my son told me this evening that you had responded - FO Stock (Factory Optional) back then in the beginning of the year(1971) you had to retain stock lower end you could cc the heads and a cam of 425 lift was also legal along with any rear gear - mid season the rear gear was limited to either 4:56 or 4:88 and I can't remember which it was the Cuda had a new Process 4 speed and an 8 3/4" rear and although it was not the fastest it was a blast to drive 12.9 @109 funny with today's technology I am sure it would be a much faster car - hek our Dakota 318 M/SA has ran faster before we put the FAST System in so who know's but I can tell you we had a lot of fun back then with Dave Berube as the starter if my memory serve's me correctly with his red & white hat - Ya Buddy I Loved those "SUNDAY SUNDAY" COMERCIALS as well I hope to be at the MOPAR race on Saturday the 19th for the first time out with our Dakota after a lot of updates maybe we will see you there - Bob