HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #11
CycloneFE

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Handicap confusion???

You folks are all right. The true drag race fan can understand handicapped racing, especially if explained properly.

Have you noticed recently that Caterpiller has signed with Rod Fuller and now a Corporate sponsor?
I work for Cat and was advised from another worker, who informed me the reason was because the dealers through Rod's six races were able to hire 3 technicians per race and retain those individuals.

Apparantly Cat has recognized that the average Drag Race fan is more mechanically inclined than those of NASCAR.

I think that it says a lot for our sport, AND our fans.
CycloneFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #12
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield
Default Re: Handicap confusion???

In the press release about CAT sponsoring Fuller next year, they specifically mentioned that their main focus on the sponsorship was to try to recruit new potential technicians to the CAT organization. Personally, I thought that was pure genius! In classical sponsorships, the value is derived directly from the sales that come from that sponsorship. But, finding and retaining quality employees is paramount to corporations, and what better way than to hold a job fair in front of THOUSANDS of people?

I salute you CAT Marketing & HR...
Liked