Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #51
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Project Pure Stock Debut

Hey Kenny:
Going to come see you all at Bradenton.
Just scheduled the Trip on the Auto Train.
Sanford is about 2.5 hours from Bradenton.

Maria and Christina are flying in on Saturday that weekend.
Will be there for about a week and head back on following Sunday.
Will take the train and they will fly back.

Venture to say I am the first racer to use the Auto Train to go racing.
Cost for round trip will be $909.00

Dan
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 AM   #52
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts

Very nice Dan. Cant wait for that race. We are gearing up to go to Jackson, SC next week. Got a ton of work to do and hope to test next wed. Did you find a hotel for Bradenton yet?
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #53
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 181 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyAnderson View Post
Very nice Dan. Cant wait for that race. We are gearing up to go to Jackson, SC next week. Got a ton of work to do and hope to test next wed. Did you find a hotel for Bradenton yet?
YEAH looked on the Bradenton MS Website.
Need to select one

Maria has us in Kissimmee later on in the week

D
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #54
KennyAnderson

Default Re: Project Pure Stock Debut-UPDATE

WHEW! Just got home from Jackson SC this am. It was a LOONNGGGG Day. Up at 7am, raced all day, finally left the track @ 5pm and got home bout 1:15am! Not to mention the all week thrash to get ready. Put on headers/muffs and got rid of the stock mani's. Gutted everything under the pass side dash. Installed a new chip from Ed Wright (THANKS ED!). Ironically the chip I got with the car was from Ed also. The car picked up pretty good and better yet is waayy more consistent. I tested last wed and went new bests of 12.87 @ 103 and 8.12 @ 82 here is not so great conditions. I did have the extra weight for D out but decided last minute to put it back for Jackson. GOOD THING! LOL! Corbin Mashburn (hope I didn't butcher it) was there in C/PS and his car flat out FLY'S! At legal D/PS weight (3635) I ran a new best up there of 8.11 at 82 and change. Struggled with the tree but did manage to go some rounds on Sunday. All in all I'm very happy with the performance of our lil project and its been a blast meeting many of our new stock elim buds. Now its COFFEE time! LOL!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #55
Daran Summerton

Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

I was cheering for ya! Great weekend even with some minor problems had alot of fun and Dad got in the $ with his pure stocker --- See ya in Bradenton
Old 03-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #56
Tar Heel

Quote:
WHEW! Just got home from Jackson SC this am. It was a LOONNGGGG Day. Up at 7am, raced all day, finally left the track @ 5pm and got home bout 1:15am! Not to mention the all week thrash to get ready. Put on headers/muffs and got rid of the stock mani's. Gutted everything under the pass side dash. Installed a new chip from Ed Wright (THANKS ED!). Ironically the chip I got with the car was from Ed also. The car picked up pretty good and better yet is waayy more consistent. I tested last wed and went new bests of 12.87 @ 103 and 8.12 @ 82 here is not so great conditions. I did have the extra weight for D out but decided last minute to put it back for Jackson. GOOD THING! LOL! Corbin Mashburn (hope I didn't butcher it) was there in C/PS and his car flat out FLY'S! At legal D/PS weight (3635) I ran a new best up there of 8.11 at 82 and change. Struggled with the tree but did manage to go some rounds on Sunday. All in all I'm very happy with the performance of our lil project and its been a blast meeting many of our new stock elim buds. Now its COFFEE time! LOL!
How fast was Corbitt (Marshburn) running in C? That Camaro really hadn't had that much stuff done to it when he got it but I don't know if he let Jeff Warren work on it this winter. That tends to make them a tad faster ...
Old 03-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #57
KennyAnderson

"9 996 C/PS 93 CAMARO Z28 350 CHEVY CORBITT MARSHBURN CLINTON NC 7.358 8.30 -0.942"

Like I said, FLYING!!

Daran Tina kicked my butt!! I just about wanted to shoot myself. The two runs before than one were -.011 and -.015 so I figgered I would lay off just a tad......OOPS!! LOL! Congrats to Dad. I ran another P/S bro third round Sunday. Ray Grice. I was .007 round two so I think you know where this is going. I really wasn't trying to lay off that one I just plain missed it. DOH! See you guys in Bradenton!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #58
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Snagged a screenshot from this weekend for ya. Thought you and Dan Fahey would appreciate it.

Pure Stockers side by side, "rookie" El Diablo vs veteran Ray Grice!

Old 03-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #59
black88coupe

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Snagged a screenshot from this weekend for ya. Thought you and Dan Fahey would appreciate it.

Pure Stockers side by side, "rookie" El Diablo vs veteran Ray Grice!
Great pic. Can't wait to come to Columbus in May and watch you guys run.
black88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #60
black88coupe

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like fun.
black88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote