HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #31
Haywood

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 7.5 lb class for GT

I believe Mike Beachy is the 400 SBC. still. It was when he was in ca and da. But HP keeps getting added to it. I feel the point is valid about a change with BBC cars but not sure what it would be.
Jeff
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #32
Racin Mason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With a 400 in it, Beechy's car would have to weigh 2530 lbs w/o driver. I don't think you can get an '82 Firebird that light. My '85 Camaro can barely break 3000 with the big block in it. Perhaps they have the car wrong on the qualifying sheet.
GT/AA and BA class should be pretty fun to watch tomorrow. There are a lot of cars in both classes and a lot of guys sandbagging quite a bit.
Racin Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #33
Fishlips

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is up with Stinnett's MPH on that 9.30 run? Seems too fast for the ET. Did he blow the tires off or something. On his earlier runs he was in the 143's. This seems more realistic for the ET.

I am stuck on the left coast and need an Indy update, anybody know?
Fishlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #34
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racin Mason View Post
Good observation on the Indy qualifying. I know Boucher #104 has a big block in his gt/ba car and Perry #107 is also a big block. I would guess that Beechy has a big block in his gt/aa firebird (btw is he going to surprise some people that never saw him coming in gt/aa?), but cannot confirm. Regardless, 3 big block gt cars doesn't seem right.
However, would adding a 7.5lb class bring more big blocks in gt, or just isolate them from having to compete w/ the small blocks? I'm guessing the latter.
Beachy runs the 400. It is a new Cavalier. He put a For Sale sign on the window at Indy. Some of those 82 Firebirds with the alum hoods, I have seen very light in the 2900 lb range with driver.

Lynn
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #35
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlips View Post
What is up with Stinnett's MPH on that 9.30 run? Seems too fast for the ET. Did he blow the tires off or something. On his earlier runs he was in the 143's. This seems more realistic for the ET.

I am stuck on the left coast and need an Indy update, anybody know?
Dont know about that, but in the final round he did a monstorous wheel stand, and headed towards the centerline, and it looked like he got out of it. Dont know what happened to the clocks. Will try to find out. That BB car is awesome.

Lynn
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote