HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: IHRA Border Bandits

Are any of you planning on making the Mission divisional as well?
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:24 AM   #12
west coast

Liked 144 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Border Bandits

Bob getting off I-5 at the and heading to Sumas will save you some time and less of a line than the Peace Arch on I-5. If you are going to Mission Div next week it is only about 8 miles from the Sumas border also.

Yes Danny headed to Mission that next weekend.
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Thanks for the response,,, I'll be there Friday for sure,, not sure about the other days. I'd like to stop by and say hello, but I've got to admit I don't know who "west coast" is.
Hope the weather holds out,,, take care.
Danny Durham
Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 AM   #14
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by west coast View Post
Bob getting off I-5 at the and heading to Sumas will save you some time and less of a line than the Peace Arch on I-5. If you are going to Mission Div next week it is only about 8 miles from the Sumas border also.

Yes Danny headed to Mission that next weekend.
The border crossing was a piece of cake. There was no line, and when the crossing guard saw were I live, we started talking about hockey. He actually played some collegiate games in my home town in Colorado.

The track is right beside the highway coming into town, and it looks like there are a fair amount of racers already here. Cool!
BobOrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #15
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Congrats to Mark Faul on his double up this weekend.
Danny Durham
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #16
west coast

Liked 144 Times in 56 Posts

Danny I am James Boyce the little blue foxbody Mustang. I left Ashcroft at 11:00 this morning track wasnt dry yet and just started to sprinkle. Looks like they got the race in most stayed monday is a holiday for the Canadians I had to make the decission and bail to get back for work in the morning plus Faul was taking all the money GREAT job Mark. All the Canadians probably had a hard time racing with the hockey game on
west coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats to Mark and Darci on your wins at the Ashcroft B.C. race. I would like to thank IHRA and the track operators for putting on an excellent event and all of the hospitality. In true IHRA fashion, we once again were treated like royalty.

With most of my local tracks being at altitude, I had no idea how fast the Ashcroft track could be. Sure it is 1400 ft. elevation but the air is dry as a bone. At around 12:00 to 1:00 each day the humidity was around 20 - 30% and temperatures in the 75-85 degree range. Needless to say my car absolutely flew compared to my home track. Air is about 2000 ft better on average than Spokane, Wa.

This was the first time I have personally met and shook hands with most of our Canadian stock eliminator brethren. Everyone one of these guys is stand-up and a hoot to be around. If you have a stocker and are not out racing with this group of guys, you are missing out on a great time.

Thanks Gary for saving my bacon with the sunscreen . in Gary's words "the sun in Ashcroft will rip the hide right off your body" - if you go to Ashcroft, bring sun screen!!

Dr. G. Bill Morrison gave me this medicine call Resperatin. This stuff kept my killer sinus infection at bay for most of the week-end. I will be picking up a case of the stuff at the Edmonton Nitro-Jam!!

Marshall, get some contingency stickers on that car - I will send you some magnetic base material so you don't screw up the paint on your gorgeous car! Also, give your buddy a sleeping bag next time it is -18c and you are in hunting camp!!

I too regret not being able to participate in the Sunday race. I had a family situation that would not allow me stay until Monday should the event rain out. Should IHRA and the Ashcroft track operators be so gracious as to host this event next year, I will be able to make both days (Baby will be here and mom well recovered in plenty of time to avoid that same family situation!!)

Good luck all at Mission and the Edmonton Pro-Am event. I look forward to seeing everyone at the Edmonton National Event!!!
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Talking Re: IHRA Border Bandits

And I good time was had by all.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Border Bandits Videos

Here is a link to some videos for Saturday's races:

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee