HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #21
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Looks like Memphis is going to be IHRA for 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen & Horace Johnson View Post
They did it at the track in steele,alabama, and im not sure if montgomery was last yr or not
Hope they don't do it there.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #22
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Ed your right, It will cut participation in half. The reason they do it is its cheaper for Ins. for the 1/8.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #23
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Montgomery was 1/4-mile last year... and most of y'all didn't show up.

Kinda tired of the fairweather "If they would just blahblahblah, I'd go" stuff. Come race, hang out, and have a great time. It's really pretty easy.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #24
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I drove 600 miles to Montgomery last year. Where were the Locals?
I also drove to Steels the last year we were there.
If you don't show up don't b1tch when they shut the gates for good. Ask the div 5 guys.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #25
Bill Grubbs

Liked 461 Times in 61 Posts

We went to Montgomery last year...and had three friends that had either got new IHRA memberships, or were getting them at the track, on Sunday. Well, we had a few problems, and needed Saturday night to get them sorted out when IHRA changed the race to a Saturday 2 race event.

We pulled the plug...tried to call our friends...got hold of 2. Left before the second race finished. But in IHRA's defense it is their ball field, ball and rules. They can change any of them in the middle if they wish. If you don't want to play then go home, or don't bother showing up.

Last edited by Bill Grubbs; 12-27-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Bill Grubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #26
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you have an IHRA track close to you there is no reason not to attend if you have time in your schedule. These guys are committed to providing a great sportsman atmosphere.

At National events they give the little guy sportsman classes the whole day on Saturday and Sunday (No mixing of alcohol classes, top fuel, Pro-Mod or any other professional classes in with sportsman qualifying).

At every IHRA National Event I have attended, they have pitted me about 1/2 to 1 city block form the staging lanes and feature stock and superstock during eliminations. The press coverage is great - hey for non-touring pros, it is kind of cool to get some press for your efforts.

You cannot expect high car counts at an event if you do not attend. I love the comment "We will see how the car counts go before deciding to attend"? That's like saying we'll see who wins the election before we vote?

I would to thank IHRA for putting together a division 6. They have put together ten tracks that are one hell of a long way apart - but they had to start somewhere so we need to patronize these tracks if we are to keep Drag Racing alive out west.

I carry cards for both sanctioning bodies and will continue to support both although IHRA is my favorite! I would encourage all no box bracket racers to take a hard look at building an IHRA crate motor stocker, this is an affordable way to build a killer stock eliminator car on a budget using modern parts - some of the no box cars I have seen at National events are pretty close to meeting the rules shy of the motor. The crate motor class does not mean you have to buy a crate motor (common misconception). Rather, the rules specify certain components that must be used, heads, intake, carb, cam, etc. just like a traditional stocker. We need to see more 9" and 10" tire, roller rocker, foot brake cars to come out and play!!

Keep up the good work IHRA, we appreciate you guys out west.
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote