HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #11
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How Cool is this, Reminds me of the old Bowling Green Sportsnationals,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjohnston View Post
Can't figure out what is so great about this. NHRA has these type of races going on for several years now. They are called JEGS Sportsnationals. They are a big success and they pay great money to win.

The only way this will work for IHRA is if they pay a decent (alot) amount of money to win, in cash and not rely on the 6-8 contingency sponsors they will probably have in 2011. In 2010, unless the IHRA race was in your backyard, the prize money wasn't worth pulling out of the driveway.
It would be great if Summit Racing stepped in to make these IHRA races a 'Summit Sportsnationals'. Summit already sponsors the weekly bracket series at IHRA tracks, would make sense to sponsor the Sportsnationals on the 'I' side and help make them a big success.

I will add on that I order parts from Jegs and Summit, but if Summit steps up for these races I will buy from them exclusively, at least within reason.

Last edited by Michael Kilduff; 12-06-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: add on
Michael Kilduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: How Cool is this, Reminds me of the old Bowling Green Sportsnationals,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woods View Post
I bet some guys on this site would bitch if they won the lottery for a million bucks . geesh, I would hate to walk around with a negative attitude all the time, I guess thats why I am happy to be part of the IHRA. They really do try different things with the sportsman racers in mind and believe in treating the racers with respect.And yes I have been to NHRA races also, The tech people are friendly and helpful, they follow the policies given. It's not a war going on here, The main mission is to assure that drag racing flourishes, All of drag racing needs help and support to survive, Some need to get involved and do something positive for the sport or get on the sidelines and whine. I enjoy seeing and meeting new friends and racing supplies that for me. Good luck to all in 20011. Ok , back to my corner lol
Especially fredjohnston !
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: How Cool is this, Reminds me of the old Bowling Green Sportsnationals,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Kilduff View Post
It would be great if Summit Racing stepped in to make these IHRA races a 'Summit Sportsnationals'. Summit already sponsors the weekly bracket series at IHRA tracks, would make sense to sponsor the Sportsnationals on the 'I' side and help make them a big success.

I will add on that I order parts from Jegs and Summit, but if Summit steps up for these races I will buy from them exclusively, at least within reason.
Summit sponsors the whole divisional series - IHRA Summit Pro-Am Tour and the Summit All-Stars race! They have been a great partner with IHRA.

I got a feeling that the company (or two) that steps up will make it all worthwhile.

"Good luck to all in 20011"

Jim, I don't think your well wishes will do me or anyone else any good by then!

Last edited by Myron Piatek; 12-06-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Jim Woods

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

LOL, come on Myron, We all may be racing spaceships by then, sorry about the typo.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #15
KEN BUGAJ

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
What's great about it is that they didn't have it before and now they will! They are TRYING to accomodate the sportsman racers, including NHRA cars, but those racers have to show up to make it successful so IHRA can continue the format. It's a business and they can't stick their neck out too far. Payouts haven't been announced, but even if they aren't equal to the "hallowed" NHRA, it sounds like it has the potential to be at least as good a race. The market is good in that region. Racers just need to support it so IHRA can continue and possibly grow their version of the Sportsnationals.

Besides, there is always only one winner and one runner up, where most of the money goes to. But you don't get anything if you stay on the porch because the "steak" isn't quite big enough.

I gotta ask, what is in your driveway anyway?
Thanks Myron,
Some are never Happy.
I don't believe Fred would go if it was down the street. lol
KEN BUGAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Emmett Mikolajczyk

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Smile Re: How Cool is this, Reminds me of the old Bowling Green Sportsnationals,

Hey---Glad to see IHRA back in San Antonio--- Me and my daughter Jimmie will be making as many IHRA events as we can --the best thing is we wont have to worry about running any miss classified heads up races--IHRA seems to have a better selection of classes and its nice not driving 500 miles to bring a knife to a gun fight just to spend the weekend raceing--see you at the races--Emmett
Old 12-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #17
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Mikolajczyk View Post
Hey---Glad to see IHRA back in San Antonio--- Me and my daughter Jimmie will be making as many IHRA events as we can --the best thing is we wont have to worry about running any miss classified heads up races--IHRA seems to have a better selection of classes and its nice not driving 500 miles to bring a knife to a gun fight just to spend the weekend raceing--see you at the races--Emmett
Emmett if my body comes around I'm going to try to run both series like I did in 2009. You guys have a nice little track down there. Hope to get to visit with you more this year.
Good luck, Ed
Old 12-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #18
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Mikolajczyk View Post
Emmett, I think we may try to make it out there as well. Dad hasn't been to San Antonio in ages, and it would be a lot of fun.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 185 Times in 81 Posts

So let me get this straight.. VMP is hosting both NHRA and IHRA races this year??.. cause I just heard that NHRA Div 1 has a race scheduled there for the last week in April..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Cool Re: How Cool is this, Reminds me of the old Bowling Green Sportsnationals,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti View Post
So let me get this straight.. VMP is hosting both NHRA and IHRA races this year??.. cause I just heard that NHRA Div 1 has a race scheduled there for the last week in April..

Not according to the NHRA schedule!

http://sportsman.nhra.com/2011/sp_schedule.asp

http://www.nhra.com/schedules/2011fts.aspx

Rumors suck. Just gotta confirm it with a reliable source.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote