HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default North Carolina State Patrol

Thinking of entering the Z-max national, but I've heard some horror stories that have me second guessing. Any info here would be appreciated. I've got a diesel pusher motrhome with a GVWR of 24,800 and an enclosed trailer with a GVWR of 4531 (two 5200lb axles). Length is 66.5' bumper to bumper. Do I have anything to worry about? Do I need to stop at weight stations? Thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
TERMITE S/G 2122

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Smile Re: North Carolina State Patrol

Come on down the waters find, WE have new laws and are very racer friendly now,theres another post on here with the new laws. Under 26,001 pds does not have to stop at the weight station. New length law is 90 or 95 feet. Hope this helps, the post was about 4 weeks back i think, from another find n.c racer .
TERMITE S/G 2122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
TERMITE S/G 2122

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Smile Re: North Carolina State Patrol

You don't say if you're towing with a motorhome but the North Carolina length law for motorhome/race car tow rigs was changed about six months ago and it now allows a 90' overall max length without any special permits. The text of the new law is below:

SECTION 1. G.S. 20-116 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
Vehicle combinations used in connection with motorsports competition events that
include a cab or other motorized vehicle unit with living quarters and an attached enclosed
specialty trailer, the combination of which does not exceed 90 feet in length, may be operated on the highways of the State, provided that such transport take place for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) To or from a motorsports competition event.
(2) For trips conducted for the purpose of purchasing fuel or conducting repairs or other maintenance on the competition vehicle.
(3) For other activities related to motorsports purposes, including, but not limited to, performance testing of the competition vehicle.
The Department of Transportation may prohibit combinations authorized by this subsection from specific routes pursuant to G.S. 20-115.1(b)."

SECTION 2. This act becomes effective July
TERMITE S/G 2122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: North Carolina State Patrol

Thank you!!