HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
vonzipper396

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 10" wheels on stock 69 camaro

Currently have 10x29 hoosiers on 15x8 with 4.5 bs but wear pattern indicates im only using 9" of tire.Wont have sidewall clearance if i use 10" wheels with this tire.I am thinking of going to 9x29 tires on a 10" wheel with 5.5 bs.will this wheel cause issues with stock body and shock location on a 69 camaro? will i see any difference in 60ft between the 2 setups from anyones past experiences. Its a bbc stick car with a soft lok clutch and is 3550 race ready.
vonzipper396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Joe Martens

Liked 191 Times in 66 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Joe Martens
Default Re: 10" wheels on stock 69 camaro

You can use a 10 in. wheel with 4.5 in back space with a 9 in. tire. You may have to fold up the lip of the wheel well on top though. A 5.5 in. back space will not work. Will hit the inner wheel well and shock. Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
vonzipper396

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 10" wheels on stock 69 camaro

Thanks Joe for the reply,I know the stock racers are aclose knit bunch that dont like to divulge secrets of how they make their cars work for them but out of the 300+ guys that viewed this thread can someone tell me in a private message if im on the right track with this and which hoosier compound will work best? tubes or no tubes?My car is set up very similar to a A stocker but with a 525na and 833 proshift trans 4.56 rear,cal tracs,moroso stuff up front.soft loc @980# with a little cw to stop high gear slip.I only get to run locally a few times a year so im slow on dialing in the clutch.Best so far is 10.11 137mph but 60fts are never better than 1.50.Also thinking of getting a double adjustable rear shock to replace the old 5 way ranchos cause the rear comes down too fast on 3 and wont rise on 4.I know theres multiple changes to make but whats first?
vonzipper396 is offline   Reply With Quote