HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Unhappy Dick Towers Passes

Please join me and wish Dick Towers' wife & son condolences in his passing. He is known for many,many things in the racing Mopar world,owning some very exotic cars including an original AFX car.He was instrumental in getting the most Hemi's in one place at one time last year for the All Hemi Reunion. He is also known for having a huge collection of racing pictures from the early days, which he worked at from Match Race Madness.I always enjoyed spending time with him. Rest in peace my friend!!!!! You truly made a difference in this world

Liteweight
Daryl
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Denny Sanders7970

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Dick Towers Passes

I'm very sorry to hear of Dick passing on. Even though I've known for a while that he was having a lot of health problems it's still hard to believe he's gone. He was a great guy who'll be missed by many.
Denny
Denny Sanders7970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
marfen

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Well put Liteweight. Dick was one of those guys who could really make things happen...it is really a huge loss to loose him...I'm really feeling bad about not taking him up on his invitation to go to Reed's this summer. He really felt it was important to bring the cars and the people together. We will all really miss him.
marfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
Hemiparts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family from all of us @ Chris3Racing.
Hemiparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
68hemiss

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfen View Post
Well put Liteweight. Dick was one of those guys who could really make things happen...it is really a huge loss to loose him...I'm really feeling bad about not taking him up on his invitation to go to Reed's this summer. He really felt it was important to bring the cars and the people together. We will all really miss him.
Dave & Daryl - Dick will truly be missed. Dick's passion about the history, cars & people is unmatched. I am proud to have called him my friend and to have worked with him on some of the reunions. Dick has personally done more for the preservation of Drag Racing history than anyone I know. He was really one of the "Good Guys".
Mark J
68hemiss is offline   Reply With Quote