HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
Julie Jordan

Liked 329 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Ss/ah hp

According to the NHRA archives (http://www.nhra.net/content/sportsma...4464&zoneid=85) any future adjustment under the AHFS should be an index hit only as there should be no differentiation between the sticks and autos. The original 1.4 under hit that gave the autos 7 hp was done in May 2004. When the SS/AH class was formed the 507 & 500 horsepower factors between SS/AA & SS/A stayed (which I think was wrong!) Another -1.40 hit happened mid-year 2006. At first, NHRA announced a horsepower adjustment, then they rescinded that and said that the class would only have index hits from that point forward.

So, in my opinion, Daniels run should only result in an index change to the SS/AH class. If NHRA does a horsepower adjustment then that will be contrary to NHRA's stated opinion on the matter.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #12
charlie westcott

Liked 218 Times in 7 Posts

Your right Julie, but they seem to have forgotten that. They started complaining about my new car at indy, and Bruce told me that they would start factoring the engine with the transmission. I said that was BS, these cars all run together, and told him that previous changes have been made with both transmissions in the calcs. They didnt seem to care. I think they should all weigh the same, we will have clutchless next year, and close the book. If they are going to factor the cars seperately every time someone goes fast the whole idea of this class will be ruined.

By the way, I called bruce and asked him what they were going to do about the run at the dutch, he said 3% auto only. That was thursday. I guess we will see which side of the fence they want to get on.

cw
charlie westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #13
Mike Brogniez

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Daniels goes 8.27 at 159.72.......
Mike Brogniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #14
Julie Jordan

Liked 329 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie westcott View Post
Your right Julie, but they seem to have forgotten that. They started complaining about my new car at indy, and Bruce told me that they would start factoring the engine with the transmission. I said that was BS, these cars all run together, and told him that previous changes have been made with both transmissions in the calcs. They didnt seem to care. I think they should all weigh the same, we will have clutchless next year, and close the book. If they are going to factor the cars seperately every time someone goes fast the whole idea of this class will be ruined.

By the way, I called bruce and asked him what they were going to do about the run at the dutch, he said 3% auto only. That was thursday. I guess we will see which side of the fence they want to get on.

cw

I agree, Charlie. The beauty of this class (besides the fact they are hemis!) is that there is no factoring crap to deal with. Same cars, same motors, horsepower wins. If they start factoring one engine & transmission combination different than the other they will destroy the class. I don't have a dog in the fight anymore but if NHRA puts hp on the autos I'll be writing my two cents in! LOL
Old 10-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
herbjr
VIP Member

Liked 83 Times in 32 Posts

Who did the motor in Jim's car??
herbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
Clayton Wright

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Quote: