HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 298 Times in 158 Posts
Question ??? regarding the SS/EX Toyota Scion at Indy

Nice looking car--impressive performance!!!! Only one problem as I see it. NO TOYOTA OF ANY KIND IS EITHER IN THE STOCK CLASSIFICATION OR ENGINE SPECIFICATION GUIDE as posted online at NHRA website- NHRA rule book specifically says it must be in the guide--Am I missing the specs or did I overlook something???-how can he run the car if it is not in the guide ??? an oversight perhaps or what---Comp
FED 387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 628 Times in 134 Posts
Default Re: ??? regarding the SS/EX Toyota Scion at Indy

There is an earlier thread on this car, it is a modified type car, not a traditional ss'r. kinda like the old modified compact. The owner is a good racer that understands these cars well. There also have been 1 or 2 articles on the car
Old 09-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Brett Brown

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

SS/EX is where they put one of the FWD Sport Compact categories.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
FED 387
VIP Member

I understand what you guys are saying but by the rule book NO TOYOTAS exist in either the Classification guide or Engine specs--the rule book on page 131 specifically states that the car must appear in the guide---Have been following Mr skelly for a awhile quite an accomplished driver fabricator competitor--what about Honda & Nissan they are in there just not Toyota----is this an oversite???? not trying to stir the pot but everybody got all whacked outta shape about the 2004 Turbo PT cruiser BUT!!!!!!!!!!! it's in the guide----JUST NO TOYOTAS!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Different situation. This class just requires a corporate motor and cylinder head. You can do anything you want to it, As long as its N/A. It's pounds per cubic inch. Just like comp.
In EX you also get to run methanol.
Do you realize the other half of sport compact runs in comp? Turbo/Nitrous/Methanol

Last edited by art leong; 09-03-2010 at 09:19 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
I understand what you guys are saying but by the rule book NO TOYOTAS exist in either the Classification guide or Engine specs--the rule book on page 131 specifically states that the car must appear in the guide---Have been following Mr skelly for a awhile quite an accomplished driver fabricator competitor--what about Honda & Nissan they are in there just not Toyota----is this an oversite???? not trying to stir the pot but everybody got all whacked outta shape about the 2004 Turbo PT cruiser BUT!!!!!!!!!!! it's in the guide----JUST NO TOYOTAS!!!
I probably read the classification guide as good or better than Bob Shaw or Bob Dennis. But I only read the Mopar stuff. The PT has been there for years. I've told a bunch of people about the gift. But nobody believed me.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
FED 387
VIP Member

OK thanx guys---but do ya see my point here??? Maybe there is some" body list "somewhere---Comp
Old 09-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #8
FED 387
VIP Member

Brett---1st sentence on body it specifically says for EX the very first sentence "Bodies must be on NHRA accepted list. No exceptions the other MX classes have a myriad of things but EX specifically says must be on the list---I want to see that list---Does the list say SCION or just Toyota??? comp
Old 09-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
FED 387
VIP Member

Art--- your not gonna convince me that car is legal!!! Page 162 under Body---Body MUST be on NHRA accepted body list--OK where is the NHRA accepted body list???? SS/MX beginning section hilighted in BLUE page 154 ---requirements & specs are same as Modified and Modified Stock-- Those both say NHRA accepted list---SS says accepted list----Where is the list that shows ANY Toyota on it---Sport comp or whatever it was called before had their own rules---NHRA has their own rules some may overlap but in this case they don't-That body/model of Vehicle or for that fact ANY TOYOTA is not an accepted car/body/vehicle whatever ya want to call it----IT IS NOT IN THE GUIDE SO IT IS AN ILLEGAL ENTRY--Go try to run a Mercedes in super stock or in stock or Modified they will throw ya out---- Not on the list not accepted sorry ya can;t run it see my point---Now they might approve it next week but this week its an illegal vehicle--Comp
Old 09-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #10
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Art--- your not gonna convince me that car is legal!!! Page 162 under Body---Body MUST be on NHRA accepted body list--OK where is the NHRA accepted body list???? SS/MX beginning section hilighted in BLUE page 154 ---requirements & specs are same as Modified and Modified Stock-- Those both say NHRA accepted list---SS says accepted list----Where is the list that shows ANY Toyota on it---Sport comp or whatever it was called before had their own rules---NHRA has their own rules some may overlap but in this case they don't-That body/model of Vehicle or for that fact ANY TOYOTA is not an accepted car/body/vehicle whatever ya want to call it----IT IS NOT IN THE GUIDE SO IT IS AN ILLEGAL ENTRY--Go try to run a Mercedes in super stock or in stock or Modified they will throw ya out---- Not on the list not accepted sorry ya can;t run it see my point---Now they might approve it next week but this week its an illegal vehicle--Comp
I have seen the list it was published on the NHRA web site when they ran the sport compact thing. The same list applies to the cars now in comp that used to run Hotrod
That car has been around for a while They have been to a few National events.
They deserve a lot of credit. NHRA used the record from the sport compact All Motor class for their index. Then they took 3 tenths (I think) off. How far under would most of the other cars be if their record was their index?

PS I think there is a Mercedes on the list I know there was a Lexus.

Last edited by art leong; 09-03-2010 at 10:30 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote