HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-20-2023, 04:47 PM   #41
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 899 Times in 326 Posts
Default Re: Approval of Super Stock Class Aftermarket Cylinder Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanjoe View Post
I spoke with folks from Edelbrock several times They have no plans to run any NHRA approved cylinder heads. Their focus is the new platforms.

One guy did say if you purchased 50 sets it may be taken into consideration.
I dyno a good bit with Gale Powley down in Charlotte. He is good friends with the previous owner/manger of Victory Valves. Victory's shop is nearby. He was telling Gale that the new owners walked over to the area where they made the valves that Gale has been using. What's this? They explained the NHRA guys use them in their cars. The corporate guys says "Well not very many of them, its a very small market."They will have to use the titanium ones from now on like all the other racers do!" LOL . With a snap of the finger, another part we rely on is eliminated.
Most of these big corporations are only interested in mass markets.
Houston....we have a problem..

Last edited by Jeff Niceswanger; 04-20-2023 at 05:16 PM.
Jeff Niceswanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 08:09 PM   #42
L.Fite

Liked 373 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
I dyno a good bit with Gale Powley down in Charlotte. He is good friends with the previous owner/manger of Victory Valves. Victory's shop is nearby. He was telling Gale that the new owners walked over to the area where they made the valves that Gale has been using. What's this? They explained the NHRA guys use them in their cars. The corporate guys says "Well not very many of them, its a very small market."They will have to use the titanium ones from now on like all the other racers do!" LOL . With a snap of the finger, another part we rely on is eliminated.
So... does that mean we can run titanium valves in stock eliminator now?!?

LOL
L.Fite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:14 PM   #43
SpeierRacing

Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Back from a 7 day time out, must have been something I said. lol

It's crazy that no one has stainless valves right now. Like no one.. The Ferrea hollow stem stainless also isn't available and right at $64 each now. Crazy times right now.
SpeierRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:20 AM   #44
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,191 Times in 311 Posts

The "covid" fraud/scandal wrecked the supply chain. It put a ton of businesses out, never to return. It allowed the "private equity" companies to buy more companies. It changed the industry that supplies our sport. Forever. It also changed the raw materials industry, probably forever. There are alloys, steel, stainless, and aluminum, that are in extreme short supply. Almost everything in your modern race engine is made from a raw material that not only more than doubled in price, but now must be ordered 6-18 months ahead of the time it is needed, paid for in advance, and then prayed for.

Understand, the most popular and highest demand products, with the best profit margin are gong to be made. Everything else is on the back burner, and gets the scraps, in both raw material, and manufacturing time. We are a niche market, small numbers, and low volume, especially those racing older stuff, and even more for those racing rare and oddball stuff. And unless there is a dramatic change in fortune for the Republic, and the economy, it will never be the way it was, or even get close. Never.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:25 AM   #45
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:

Exactly. We don't matter to the people who run the massive private equity companies. Every single time you see a company founded by racers, or car people in general, bought by a private equity company, you're seeing another piece of our sport slip away. They don't know us, they don't understand us, and they don't like us, they don't care about our sport.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:34 PM   #46
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,026 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
Exactly. We don't matter to the people who run the massive private equity companies. Every single time you see a company founded by racers, or car people in general, bought by a private equity company, you're seeing another piece of our sport slip away. They don't know us, they don't understand us, and they don't like us, they don't care about our sport.
Ya know, back in the "good-old-days" of S/SS/Jr.S racing, everyone ran junk. Now, everyone is some kind of an elitist snob and has to have the best of everything or they can't go racing!
I think I'll just keep slingin' my junk. I'm having just as much fun and running for just as much money as the snobs.

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 05:46 PM   #47
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know, back in the "good-old-days" of S/SS/Jr.S racing, everyone ran junk. Now, everyone is some kind of an elitist snob and has to have the best of everything or they can't go racing!
I think I'll just keep slingin' my junk. I'm having just as much fun and running for just as much money as the snobs.

Ya know, Billy? With all due respect, I ain't met all these "elitist snobs" you keep talking about. I've met a lot of people who had nicer stuff than we did. Some were faster. Some were not. But the attitudes I ran into had little, if anything, to do with money. Or parts.

Money only makes people more of what they are without it. Me? Well, you can ask a lot of people, I'm a ......... well, I ain't gonna post that on Ken's site. I'd be the same if I had millions.

The more I think about it, the more I think you missed the entire point of the post you quoted, it went over your head I guess. I'd hate to think you just ducked intentionally, but then, maybe you did.

The point of that post is, you won't be racing, either. If you think that "little old you", and your "junk", by yourself, will keep the doors open on all these drag strips, and keep these people putting on these races, you ain't watchin all of them close. I'm pretty sure class racing can't survive and keep losing participants. Whether you like those people or not.

Last edited by Alan Roehrich; 04-26-2023 at 05:55 PM.
Alan Roehrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 05:56 PM   #48
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Ya know, Billy? With all due respect, I ain't met all these "elitist snobs" you keep talking about. I've met a lot of people who had nicer stuff than we did. Some were faster. Some were not. But the attitudes I ran into had little, if anything, to do with money. Or parts.

Money only makes people more of what they are without it. Me? Well, you can ask a lot of people, I'm a ......... well, I ain't gonna post that on Ken's site. I'd be the same if I had millions.
Alan, I've only met you once. At that time, I got the feeling that you and I aren't that much different from one another. With that being said, you know all-too-well what I mean by the "elitist snobs" and if you don't then you just don't want to know or you just aren't looking very hard.

What is "NORMAL"???
Old 04-26-2023, 05:56 PM   #49
David Lee
VIP Member

Liked 290 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post

I agree Billy, i have seen paint jobs on some stock and super stock cars tht cost more $, than my whole build will be. I am doing everything in the dive way and a 20x20 garage with my washer and dryer in it
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #50
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:

The more I think about it, the more I think you missed the entire point of the post you quoted, it went over your head I guess. I'd hate to think you just ducked intentionally, but then, maybe you did.

The point of that post is, you won't be racing, either. If you think that "little old you", and your "junk", by yourself, will keep the doors open on all these drag strips, and keep these people putting on these races, you ain't watchin all of them close. I'm pretty sure class racing can't survive and keep losing participants. Whether you like those people or not.
Alan, I missed your "edit"! I don't "duck" anything or anybody. If drag strips are going to survive in the long term then it will be because of local Racers supporting them and local Track Owners coming up with some real out of the ordinary thinking. Class Racing is already "dead" in the way that old men like you and I know it. It just hasn't lied down yet.

What is "NORMAL"???