HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old Today, 12:11 AM   #1
Don Sofranko

Liked 113 Times in 29 Posts
Default David Dinneen Most Righteous AA/S stick award bonus 100

I am going to provide a David Dinneen Most Righteous pass AA/S stick award bonus of 100$ and a cool home made trophy at the 2024 Nationals.
If anyone wants to pile on a 10-20-100 bonus just bring it.

Rules are
Its for AA/S stock shootout cars in competition, from Q1 to R3 class final.
It could be the winner, runner up, or broke in qualifying, or R1 non winner.
Any pass counts, so attention is required for all AA cars through the event, until the class final is complete.
It will be to the most jaw dropping run, and that is what we always watched for.
Dave and I were Eddyville Iowa Dragway, weekly spectators in the 1970s. Dave was sometimes called the Grump as he really did look like Jenkins!
If an expert crew is on the grounds, and wants to help judge, I welcome volunteers!
Bret Kepner?
Westcott?
Lines?
Robbs need for speed?
Fazio?
I really don't require much help, and see bad to the bone easy, but help is nice.
I am sure Jim S. will welcome extra help with awards.

This is something I have held up on saying about my late friend, Dave my crew guy from 20-30 years of racing. Dave passed last fall from brain cancer, and I have wondered how many of you remember him? He was always up for driving all night, to all of the SS/L National events I tried to hit. He made pals with every dude anywhere, and was always a joy to see show up with a cooler of cold drinks. What can I say, dude needs honored! Even the west coasters and southern boys will remember him.

So I am coming to Indy again as a spectator, and want to do a bit part. Hemi guys have a secured big payout, and David liked all class racing. I could tell stories about Dave for hours. He was not a mechanical genius, but could fix stuff. He once stood next to a group of 17 year old HS classmates, and found it terribly funny someone thought my car wouldn't start, because the fran (spelled as said) belt was too tight!

His memory was excellent and he was a great story teller.

Pics of Dave here from our last Indy in 2003

https://jpegbay.com/gallery/009126826-.html#1

daves obit
https://www.tharpfh.com/obituaries/D...en/#!/Obituary

Last edited by Don Sofranko; Today at 12:27 AM.
Don Sofranko is online now   Reply With Quote