HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #11
Todd Boyer

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: enclosed car trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman View Post
I have a Pace 28' shadow gt with Daytona package and it's heavy.If I had it to do again i would go with 24 aluminum.
Is this the one the wheels came off of?
Todd Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #12
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Boyer View Post
Is this the one the wheels came off of?

That had nothing to do with the weight of the trailer. great pulling trailer,stopping is another thing.stops good with a motorhome but with my 2500 v10ram, not so good (WITH NEW TRAILER BRAKES)and push the truck around.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
John Lang

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: enclosed car trailer

I am on my third Pace American , and this one is a 28 ft with extra height, as I used it in my business , and I needed the extra heighth ! It's heavy, but an excellant trailer !
Does anybody know about the Pace Warrenty ? Absolutly the best ! As long as you own your Pace ,even if you bought it used and you have anything wrong, Pace will repair it free , at National or divisional, events . They have a kart and 2 or 3 people and will come to your trailer and fix it ! I had torn off a fender in one of Illinois famous Toll Booths, on my way to Joliet, and they came over and asked if I wanted it fixed ? I asked if they take a Credit Card, as I don't like to carry cash, and i was told there is no charge ! Whatever was wrong they fixed , FREE !!!!!!!!! The Best ,,,,, John Lang
Old 10-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
Ron Brown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have to agree with the warranty statement. They might be heavier, but when it comes to warranty they stand out over the rest. (unless you have connections where you buy it)

just my $.02
Old 10-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

I am not sure when Haulmark went togther with universal trailer but it seems to me after that their quality has gone way down. My current Haulmark is 2 years old and has had more than its fair share of problems where the previous ones I owned never had any problems and were built before the universal trailer got involved. I would also highly recomend Alan Cape from Flying A trailer sales in Cuba Mo. He really goes the extra mile for his customers to make sure they are satisfied and they sell just about every brand.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
dartman

Liked 68 Times in 41 Posts

My 02 Pace American has been a good trailer, I have put ? well I 90,000 km on my motorhome and say 75,000 km with the trailer on the back.On my 3rd set of tires and brakes.never had a flat (lost 2 wheels on the same side (forgot to recheck them after doing the brakes) once) good true running trailer.Don't know about the warranty,as I never needed any.

Last edited by dartman; 10-24-2009 at 07:03 AM.
dartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
BobUnkefer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Morgan View Post
Iam going to buy my first enclosed car trailer. Iam looking at a 28 foot 05 Dominator XT and a 05 Haulmark Ellite trailers with the same options. I would like to know the pros, cons , or suggestions on these trailers. Iam going to put my stock eliminator Fairlane in it.

Thanks
Kirk,

Thanks for posting the question, I'm studying the market for my first enclosed as well and certainly appreciate everyone's comments. I've seen the Pace team in action at many national events, and always been impressed that a company would go to that length to provide customer service.
I just need to sell my Exxis 3 horse gooseneck trailer first,,,,,,,,,,

Unk
BobUnkefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,280 Times in 257 Posts
Exclamation Re: enclosed car trailer

The PACE guys are great. If you go to any National Events. They just come by a fix stuff. Free! I bought my PACE used. No Problem. If it is a PACE, they support it. Pretty nice!!! I would get the extended tongue. I would recommend it for any trailer, regardless of brand. Also, if you haul a golf cart or might someday, get a big enough side door to drive it in from the side. It is an option for most brands.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
Gordie Kissner

Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs up Re: enclosed car trailer

30' Pace Shadow GT/with Daytona package here..very well built,I ordered mine with about every option available and it turned out great! Have not had any warranty issues in 3 years,so I really can't comment from that perspective. Wouldn't hesitate to order another one tomorrow!
Gordie Kissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #20
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 692 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Morgan View Post
Iam going to buy my first enclosed car trailer. Iam looking at a 28 foot 05 Dominator XT and a 05 Haulmark Ellite trailers with the same options. I would like to know the pros, cons , or suggestions on these trailers. Iam going to put my stock eliminator Fairlane in it.

Thanks
I have a Classic RTX and it has been a great trailer. I think many would pick Classic over Haulmark.

Good Luck!,
Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote