Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #1
Mike Voth
Live Reporter

Liked 40 Times in 13 Posts
Default Just to Clarify

I don't get to view the Class Racer forum as often as I would like, but I do more now than ever. It's been great to see all the photos that get posted from races across the country, and seeing the cars you only read about, well, I think is fantastic. There are a lot of good threads to read about things that normally would be "regional". I've had the pleasure of conversing over the phone with many of you, which, probably wouldn't be possible without this medium.

So I figured this would be a good place to answer a question and clear up the misnomer of who builds the engines for our car. We have been asked many times throughout the year who builds the engines, and we also hear that our engines are built by certain people.

Simply put, dad builds his own engines for our car, and always has. We have never had anyone build an engine for us, and have never had a reason for someone else to build our engines. Dad has build countless engines over the years, from bracket cars to super comp dragsters, all with great success.

The reason I feel the need to clarify this is because it has been brought to our attention that the engines we run in our car have been associated with several different engine builders, one of which has an incredibly bad reputation. I won't mention names.

For the ones who have wondered...now you know. Simple as that. ( Thanks to Dave Layer for the awesome heads!!)
Mike Voth is offline   Reply With Quote