HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2024, 09:44 AM   #1
DCVING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Suspesion setup with radial slicks "help"

Hello everyone, My name is Jon and I am new to this forum. Im reaching out looking for some advise from fellow racers. Although my car ( 1965 GTO ) is not a legal Stocker, Ive built it very similar in terms of suspension, looks, tire size and such.

So since I finished this new build last year I have had some struggles with getting the car to hook consistently. When it hooks up it will 60 in the 1.37 rang, 2500 rpm footbrake. The car previously was setup to run a DOT drag radial and I had success with it, 1.40 with 100hp less. I was running no-hop bars and soft rebound to really hit the tires ( M/T PBR ) hard and 90/10 shocks up front.Fast forward to now, In the rear now I am running all tubular arms with spherical joints in stock locations, Viking DA shocks, BRM antiroll bar, UMI lower relocation brackets. Front has Viking coilovers with double adjustable shocks as well and stock control arms.
Tires are Goodyear 5202 30x9 Radial Slicks which have a much much softer sidewall than the M/T PBR.

So im really struggling with how to setup the suspesion with these tires. Do I setup as if they were a bias slick, or do I setup as if they are a Drag Radial? I have about 165% antisquat currently. When the car hooks all is well, when it dont hook though my sympoms are it hooks then comes unglued a couple feet out then it rattles the tires. Ive tried up and down on tire pressure and played with shock settings a little bit too. Is it possible im hitting this radial slick too hard and causing it to bounce? Should I keep hitting it hard and tighten compression more? Please help...
DCVING is offline   Reply With Quote