HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2023, 08:43 PM   #1
Woodfin

Liked 103 Times in 48 Posts
Default Radial tire and ladder bars

I am obsessing over the setup of this 75 Vette with ladder bars and radial tire. I have built a new subframe inboard of the original frame and have created room for a 30 x 10.5 x 15 Hoosier radial. In addition, am installing a 32" ladder bar. It is a balancing situation with consideration of seat mounting, ladder bar crossmember, ride height, and bar angle.

At this time, I have it all fitted with enough clearance everywhere and with the ladder bar level. If the ladder bar needs to be uphill one bolt hole [which will be 3/4" or about one degree] it will create a problem with the seat clearance.

Some folks are telling me level is OK, others telling me the bars need to run uphill, others telling me one or two degrees down.

In the past with bias tires, I built cars with two degrees down with excellent results.

I am interested in hearing your real experience with ladder bar and radial tire.

NOTE: The car will weigh about 2950 with driver, has a nice, 408 LS engine of about 725 horse, expected performance is 6.0's 1/8 mile. This is a foot brake bracket buildup.

In addition, the track where we will race are good and well prepped.
Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote