HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Tech > Garage Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Ronnie Smith Jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Compressor filter/dryer

For background: I have a "standard" double car garage I am in the process of renovating. I figured after 15 years with 2 outlets and a light bulb I should update it and move into at least the 20th century(lol). I have ran 20 amp circuits for the garage and even wired in T8 fluorescent lights on the ceiling. Hung drywall (for the first time) on two walls to finish off the space. Paint is next, then ceiling storage racks to place seasonal items and rarely used items up off the floor. I have updated the garage attic and hung additional insulation to an already insulated attic. I have ran a dedicated 220v line in the attic and plan on relocating the compressor into the attic so I can have more floor space. I will then run a compressor line kit from the compressor through the ceiling and furnish air to various parts of the garage, including an air reel at the rear of the garage to supply air out to the driveway when needed. The compressor is a DeVilbiss, 5hp, 60 gallon, twin cylinder, oil less compressor that I have owned for nearly 17 years.

The question: Since the compressor will be relocated to the attic where drastic humidity and temperature changes occur throughout the 4 seasons in MD, is it necessary to run a compressed air filter or dryer as seen in the links or other types;

http://www.eastwood.com/rti-regulato...0-120-psi.html
http://www.eastwood.com/ew-4-stage-2...m-1-2-npt.html

or continue business as usual? Most of my work comes with using air tools occasionally, pumping up tires mostly, and for the compressed air for an air nozzle. It used to be that oil less compressors did not need the filter/dryer as long as you were not using paint guns. Is this still true?

Your input and insight is greatly appreciated.
Ronnie Smith Jr is offline   Reply With Quote