Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
between 442-453 is all HP we could get out of the new motor at big stuffs two weeks ago. With good pistons .70 over, killer stocker ring package and a new set of killer set of heads. And one of the best tuners in the country. No matter how good of parts we have we still only have 281CI to work with.
There is not that much to gain with this new stuff. The factory part are really good. We spent over 14 grand on the new motor with all kinds od stocker tricks and picked up 12-15 HP over the old mostly stock stuff wich made 440 HP.
So then around 300 would be a fair number, I guess I wasn't too far off.

You say my motor is soft, it makes almost exactly 1.5 hp/rated hp. Assuming you're telling me the truth, you're about 43 rated hp away from that number.

Just curious, how many different cams have you guys tried, I'm sure there is a lot to be found there considering there haven't been many overhead cam stockers out there until the last couple years.

Quote:
andie, who won C/SA and D/SA at Indy this year?
A 352 mustang red lit in the final of D, and Bryan Phillips won (super happy to see that). Kyle Ratcliff, who has one of the fastest LT1s in the country, won C, the new 302 in that class didn't run worth a crap (a 1.46 60' won't get it done). Did you notice what happened in E and F?

By the way, I go by Andrew, thanks.

Last edited by Andrew Hill; 12-16-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Andrew Hill is offline   Reply With Quote