Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
KRatcliff

Liked 503 Times in 136 Posts
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBD MGT View Post
I still don't get how older cars are at a disadvantage in the classes below CC/S unless those cars were not able to run very far under the index in the first place . Or maybe the indexes were wrong to begin with?

I'm also confused about the horsepower ratings on some of the older combinations like the Cobra Jet 1968 Mustang. Did it really makes 335 horsepower?

I know my buddy's dad went to great trouble to find all the correct parts to build a 427/ 425 for his 1969 Nova Yenko clone. It had all factory parts in it including the camshaft. Even though there were ridges on the tops of the cylinders and some of the parts looked pretty bad it still made over 550 horsepower. So can it be said that that combination also has a bogus rating?

So far the only thing I see that makes sense as an argument against new cars is that they were not torn down and built up from the ground like some of the older cars and that they were not really intended for the street.

So that makes me wonder weather NHRA required cars to be street legal in the original days of stock eliminator and for that matter whether they allowed 14 inch tires and 4 links in super stock back then?
Either you missed Mike Carr's post (#113) or you are being obtuse.
KRatcliff is offline   Reply With Quote