Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Events > Events
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

We may have bombed with regards to Tucson, but I just spoke with Ron Craft (the manager of the drag strip at Rocky Mountain Raceway, in Salt Lake City), and here's what they're offering us during their upcoming "Nitro Jam Race" the weekend of June 17-18th (Fri-Sat): A Stock/Super Stock Combo race that will have these features:

1. An entry fee of only $150 bucks.

2. A payout of $1,600 to the winner, $900 to the runner-up, $500 to the semi's, and $100 to the quarter-finalist, as long as a minimum of "9" entries show up for the race!

3. An Ironman trophy will also be awarded to the winner.

We need to jump on this, and I plan on doing so, so how about it racers??? Since they only need a minimum of "8" racers (because I've already committed to going), and if Paul Plummer from D6 country shows up too, then we'll only need "7" minimum? There won't be contingency postings at this race, but with a guaranteed payout of $1600 to the winner for a race that cost less to enter than a D6 or D7 divisional, that's pretty damn good I think.

So here it is racers, I know that D5 & D6 have divisionals going on that same weekend, but D7 doesn't so this is our opportunity to embrace the competition that we claimed we wish we had....I'll be there, who's with me???

Oh and there will be weight and fuel checks there also, as well as I.H.R.A. classes, so those of you with DP's and CJ's will not be racing amongst the carbureted class cars...after all, R.M.R. is an I.H.R.A. track. $1,600 bucks to the winner and an Iron Man Trophy? Sounds like an operation that's proving it cares for us sportsman racers to me!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 03-21-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Per chat 03/21/11 with Ron Craft, the deletion of this qualifying for the World finals...it doesn't after all.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote