HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
bert powell

Liked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Default Help sorting out new GT/CA car.

I have a GT/CA 84 camaro 402/340 that I just finished. Having trouble with it leaving the line. It runs 6.30s in the 1/8 with 4.10s 330ft. The issue is the 60 ft, can't get better than a 1.39. It should be low 1.30s in this heat. The engine made good power on the dyno and it seems to run fine past the 60 ft. I have more 4 link in it that it should required and have removed the limiters. It picks the front end up ~ 1 ft but with the setup should stand straight up. I sent the converter back to ATI and they loosened it up some but no difference. I have tried two different carb that we dynoed with. The thing I have noticed is on my playback tach the motor jumps to ~5400-5600 rpm and bounces ~200 rpm then takes off past the stall speed of 6200. I can't feel this in the car but it shows up on each run. The carbs have as large a pump shot you can get, could this be causing the stumble? It has been close to 100 degrees with a DA ~3000ft. Could it be going rich for a instant due to the pump shot? I have the spark plug boot on the vent. Would like to try the stock baffle on the secondaries but do not have one. Could the trans be doing this? Let me know your thoughts, would like to solve this before having to rering the motor, lol. I think it will run decent once I get this .010 in 60 ft. Thanks!
bert powell is offline   Reply With Quote